Easy shredded chicken recipes to use for that leftover chicken you may have in the fridge. Recipes include shredded chicken tacos, BBQ, enchiladas, soup, and more!
Lots of great shredded chicken recipes for you today! You may prefer to say pulled chicken, but either way, it’s one of my favorite things to have on hand.
If you’ve never made shredded chicken, it can really come in handy for a wide range of recipe. Check out my how to make shredded chicken post for one of my favorite methods of making pulled chicken that is quick and easy. Or if you have an Instant Pot, I highly recommend my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken or Boiled Chicken methods as well.
You can generally substitute shredded chicken for chopped chicken and vice versa, so if you prefer your chicken chopped, I’m sure these recipes would turn out just fine.
I love have versatile shredded chicken can be including using it Mexican dishes (enchiladas, tacos, burritos, and nachos), Italian (great with pasta and casseroles), and of course American (BBQ, sandwiches, soup, and appetizers). Make a big batch of the chicken, place in small sealable bags, freeze, and you’ll always have some on hand for quick meals.
On to the shredded chicken recipes…
Shredded Chicken Recipes:
1. Garlic Chicken Pinwheels (Snappy Gourmet) – One of my kids’ favorites and one of my favorite shredded chicken recipes! This appetizer with refrigerated dough, garlic cheese, and chicken is also great for parties. Serve with some tomato sauce for dipping.
2. BBQ Chicken Sandwich (Eating Well) – Homemade BBQ chicken in no time! All you need is some shredded chicken and BBQ sauce along with some shredded carrots, ranch dressing, lettuce, and rolls. Easy!
3. Chicken Enchilada Dip (Snappy Gourmet) – All your favorite Mexcian flavors in this easy homemade dip. Serve with tortilla chips at your next party or family gathering.
4. Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowl (Savory Tooth) – This salad has lots of great flavors including peppers, tomatoes, guacamole, cheese, corn, and a homemade spicy mayo dressing. Make the chicken and peppers right in your Instant Pot or use precooked shredded chicken.
5. Creamy Shredded Chicken Tacos (Family Food on the Table) – With precooked shredded chicken, these tacos come together fast. Heat up the chicken with a little Greek yogurt, cream cheese, taco seasoning, and your favorite topping and you’ll have tacos on the table in no time.
6. Easy Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta (Snappy Gourmet) – Use chopped or shredded chicken for this easy homemade Italian casserole. A very family friendly dish that feeds a crowd.
7. Chicken Pesto Grilled Cheese (Don’t Go Bacon My Heart) – Start with some precooked shredded chicken along with some mozzarella cheese, dried tomatoes, and pesto for a quick and easy sandwich.
8. Buffalo Chicken Calzone (Snappy Gourmet) – Mini calzones with chicken, buffalo sauce, and veggies. Dip in your favorite dressings like Ranch or Blue cheese for a fun party food.
9. 4 Can Mexican Chicken Casserole (The Seasoned Mom) – This easy casserole starts with precooked diced or shredded chicken. Add some rice and cheese, plus a can each of corn, tomatoes, green chiles, and taco sauce, and you have an easy family friendly casserole.
10. Low Carb Greek Lemon Chicken Soup (Avgolemono) (Snappy Gourmet) – This low carb soup uses cauliflower rice and all the traditional flavors of the Greek soup including chicken and lemon.
11. Asian Shredded Chicken Salad (The Healthy Foodie) – This salad has shredded cabbage, radicchio, carrots, green onions, and peanuts. Add some shredded chicken and a homemade peanut vinaigrette, and you’ll have a great lunch or dinner!
12. Shredded Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches (Taste of Home) – An easy homemade teriyaki sauce, precooked shredded chicken, and rolls, and you have yourself an easy delicious sandwich.
13. Easy Chicken Greek Salad Wrap Sandwich (Snappy Gourmet) – This easy and healthy sandwich has fresh tomatoes and cucumbers along with the chicken and easy dressing. Light and refreshing, this sandwich is quick and easy.
14. Easy 20 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup (Chef Savvy) – With precooked shredded chicken this soup is ready in no time. Along with some onion, tomatoes, black beans, corn, and other spices and toppings, no one will know this only took 20 minutes.
15. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas (Dinner at the Zoo) – These enchiladas are loaded with shredded chicken, green chiles, spices, and cheese. Top with a green enchilada sauce and your favorite Mexican toppings.
16. Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad (Snappy Gourmet) – A fun twist on buffalo chicken wings, this pasta salad has fresh chopped veggies, pasta, chicken, and an easy vinaigrette.
17. Chicken Parm Sandwich (Cooking with Karli) – Only 5 ingredients needed for these simple sandwiches. All the tastes of Chicken Parmesan in a sandwich!
Hope you enjoy all these easy shredded chicken recipes. Looking for more? You might also like my 17 Best Buffalo Chicken Recipes, many of which use shredded chicken!