Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, quick and easy way how to make shredded chicken in a pressure cooker. Plus lots of ideas of what to make with shredded chicken.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
One of my favorite recipes to make is Instant Pot Shredded Chicken! It’s quick and easy and shredded chicken can be used in SO many different recipes.
How to Make Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
(For the full recipe and printable recipe card, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
First, you’ll need an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Although it took me a long time to take my Instant Pot out of the box, once I got it out and got used to it, now I LOVE it! There is a small learning curve, but once you get through it, it’s great.
Place the boneless skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot. I had about 3 pounds of chicken, but you could use a little more or less.
Sprinkle some of your favorite seasonings on top of the chicken. I sprinkled a little onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Depending on what you’re using the chicken for, you could use a variety of other things such as taco seasoning, Italian seasoning, or anything else you can think of.
Pour some chicken broth on top of the chicken. Instead of chicken broth, you could also use vegetable broth. You could also use water, but I love adding broth for a little more flavor.
Cover the Instant Pot with the top and lock.
Set your Instant Pot on the poultry setting on high pressure for 15 minutes.
After the 15 minutes, let the Instant Pot slow release on its own. Then remove chicken from the pot and place on a cutting board.
How to Shred Chicken
Using 2 forks, pull the chicken apart. It should come apart fairly easily but does take a little time.
What To Make With Shredded Chicken
Now that you have a lot of shredded chicken, check out some of my favorite shredded chicken recipes and here are some more quick recipe ideas…
- Shredded Chicken Tacos – Mix the chicken with a little salsa or enchilada sauce for a quick taco filling with your favorite toppings.
- Salad – Shredded chicken is an easy addition to any salad, pasta salad, or even chicken salad!
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches – Mix the chicken with a little BBQ sauce and top with some coleslaw on a bun. Delish!
- Lettuce Wraps – Mix the chicken with a little teriyaki sauce and serve in lettuce leaves and toppings.
- Pasta – Take your favorite pasta and mix in your favorite sauce and some shredded chicken.
Have other favorites? Would love to hear in the comments!
This does make a lot of chicken, but you can freeze it! I think it’s better if you mix the chicken with a little sauce such as enchilada sauce or BBQ sauce before freezing.
Hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken!
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper on top.
- Pour chicken broth on top of chicken breasts.
- Set Instant Pot on poultry for high pressure for 15 minutes. Let the pressure slow release.
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot. Shred with two forks (or meat shredder claws).