Mango Smoothie, quick tropical drink with mango and yogurt that also makes a delicious smoothie bowl. Add some protein powder or other suggested flavors for a wide variety of other options.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
I just can’t seem to get enough mango anything and everything right now. This Mango Smoothie is no exception! Only 5 ingredients and you’ll have a refreshing smoothie.
If you can’t get enough mango right now either, check out these Mango Bars (a personal favorite) or these delicious Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers. Or if you’re looking for more of a cocktail, this Mango Coconut Margarita may be the way to go.
This Mango Smoothie is a great breakfast or snack option. With only 5 ingredients it’s so simple to make that even the kids could make it by themselves which is always a plus. Pour into a bowl, top with some berries and you can also turn this into a smoothie bowl.
This smoothie is naturally gluten-free but be sure to check your ingredients and specific brands just to be sure. If you’d rather more of a vegetable smoothie, check out this beautiful Beet Smoothie full of fresh beets!
How to Freeze Mango
You should be able to find frozen mango chunks right in your grocery store. If for some reason you can’t find it or you just happen to have a lot of mangos hanging around, you can freeze your own.
Cut up the mango into small to medium cubes. Be sure the mango is ripe. Try to cut into similar sized cubes.
Place the mango cubes in a single layer on a silicone mat lined baking sheet (you could try using wax paper but the mango may stick). Place the baking sheet in the freezer for a few hours, then put the frozen mango cubes into a resealable plastic bag getting out as much air as possible.
Mango Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen mango chunks
- Plain unsweetened Greek yogurt (or sweetened if you prefer)
- Orange juice
- Almond milk, unsweetened (or coconut milk or milk)
How to Make a Mango Smoothie
- Place all the smoothie ingredients in a strong blender and process until smooth.
- Add more or less sweetener depending on your personal taste.
- Add more liquid as needed to get the blender to process or scrape down sides inside of blender (turn off blender before doing this…) if needed.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately!
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Make sure all your ingredients are COLD or as cold as possible.
- Use frozen mango rather than fresh. If you don’t want to use frozen for whatever reason, you may want to add a few ice cube to the smoothie in the blender.
- Try to use a strong blender that can easily process the frozen fruit and create a nice creamy smoothie.
- Thick Greek yogurts work well in smoothies for a thick and rich consistency.
- Add more or less honey depending on your personal preference or use your favorite sweetener. For a healthier option, skip the sweetener altogether.
- Add a little more liquid if needed to your blender to get the smoothie to process. Or you can scrape down the sides (when your blender is off) or shake the blender cup as well (also when blender is off) to help it along if needed.
Mango Smoothie FAQ
How should I store this Mango Smoothie?
Smoothies tend to be best when served immediately. However, if you’d like to store for another time, I’d recommend pouring the smoothie into an ice cube tray and freeze. Then you can just pop out cubes and defrost whenever you want.
Substitutions for the orange juice?
Although I like orange juice the best with this smoothie, you could try your favorite citrus juice such as lime or lemon juice.
Can I use low-fat yogurt?
Yes! You can use any yogurt you’d like such as any type, flavor, or sweetened or unsweetened. Although, the taste of the smoothie will vary a lot. Just be sure it’s a yogurt you like. Thicker yogurts will result in thicker smoothies.
What else can I add to this smoothie recipe?
For a green smoothie version, you could try adding some spinach and/or kale. Other fruit that would be a great addition would be pineapple, banana, strawberries, peaches, or even blueberries. Avacado or coconut would be interesting additions as well. Even a little protein powder would be great if you’re looking for a protein shake or smoothie.
Can I substitute another sweetener for the honey?
You can try your favorite sweetener or sugar substitute. You may need to adjust the amount depending on the sweetener you choose.
Can I use fresh mango instead of frozen?
Although I prefer frozen, you could give fresh a try. If you do use fresh mango, you may want to add some ice cubes to help the consistency.
Other Smoothie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Tropical Smoothie – easy homemade smoothie with mango, pineapple, and banana.
- Chocolate Smoothie – This chocolate “mock shake” is a healthier milkshake alternative. Great after school snack!
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie – check out the gorgeous color on this one!
Hope you enjoy this tasty Mango Smoothie. Tell me how you changed it up in the comments!
Shop the Post:
Serve this Mango Smoothie by itself or with other breakfast items like these Almond Flour Pancakes or Beligan Liege Waffles! Or check out these other great Snappy Gourmet smoothies: Carrot Smoothie, Orange Smoothie, and Matcha Smoothie!
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth, pour into a glass, and serve immediately.