Easy Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe perfect for the Super Bowl and parties! Full of flavor with chicken and cheese, and served with tortilla chips for dipping.
In case you’ve been living under a rock, the Super Bowl is coming up soon. Super Bowl food is right up my alley and this super easy Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe is the perfect party food for the Super Bowl! You might also like this delicious Chicken Alfredo Dip!
The dip only has 6 ingredients: cream cheese, precooked shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, onion, and lime juice. For the chicken you could use leftover chicken or even a rotisserie chicken or boiled chicken. You could also poach some boneless skinless chicken breasts and shred it yourself, which is what I did. For 3 cups of shredded chicken I poached one large boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 pound raw).
To make the dip all you do is mix all the ingredients (just half the shredded cheese) in bowl and spoon into a shallow baking dish then bake. Top with the rest of the shredded cheese and bake a few more minutes until the cheese is ooey-gooey and melted on top.
To serve the Chicken Enchilada Dip, add your favorite Mexican toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve the dip warm with your favorite tortilla chips.
I swear this dip will be gobbled up in minutes and maybe even seconds. Not that you’ll have any leftovers, but if you do, the dip is fabulous cold too. Hope you enjoy! Enjoy the Super Bowl!
In the mood for more dip? You might also like this delicious Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Dip and easy homemade Ham Dip. So good!
Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 cups shredded precooked boneless chicken
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- Toppings (optional): chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, enchilada sauce, and lime juice until well combined. Stir in chicken, half of shredded cheese, and onion until well combined. Spoon into large shallow baking dish.
- Bake dip for about 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and place back in oven for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top dip with desired topping such as tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)
Liv @ Healthy Liv says
I LOVE chicken enchiladas and this dip looks even better!! Can’t wait to try making this the next time I need to bring a dip to a party!
Just in time for Super Bowl parties – thank you!
Janette | Culinary Ginger says
Food Should Tastes Good are my favorite tortilla chips and cannot wait to try this dip, it looks delicious.
Shadi Hasanzadenemati says
This looks like a delicious recipe. We love Enchilada but have never had it in the form of a dip!
Patty @ Spoonabilities says
Oh yum! This dip looks so delicious. You can’t go wrong with a good hardy dip and chips for a Super Bowl party!