Gluten-Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits, a quick an easy Red Lobster copycat recipe for homemade drop biscuits.
These Gluten-Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits turned out way better than I thought! No, they’re not EXACTLY like Red Lobsters biscuits because Red Lobster uses regular flour, but they are still delicious! If you’re looking for a quick homemade drop biscuit with flour similar to these gluten-free biscuits, check out my other recipe for my oldie but goodie Garlic Cheese Biscuits which I think you’ll enjoy.
These homemade Gluten-Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits are simple to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. Instead of all-purpose flour, these biscuits use almond flour. Almond flour is generally easy to find now at your local grocery store, but if for some reason you can’t find it, you can also order online.
Otherwise, no other unusual ingredients in these biscuits. You can try using other gluten-free flours but I can’t tell you how they’ll turn out since I have only used almond flour for these.
A few things to note about these Gluten-Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits, I added the spices/herbs into the biscuit dough itself BUT you could add it to the melted butter that you brush on top of the biscuits if you prefer like some other similar copycat Red Lobster biscuit recipes. These biscuits are best the day you bake them, but they do keep for a few days if you have some leftover.
The biscuits are great split in half and toasted for mini sandwiches. The recipe makes 6 little biscuits but I did add directions for 4 larger ones. Or multiply the recipe for even more or larger biscuits. Happy eating!
My son is working on a video to add so you can see how they come together so I’ll add that here as soon as he’s done with it (and done with his homework…).
Hope you enjoy!
Almond Flour Recipes:
Looking for more almond flour recipes? Take your pick of some of my favorites…
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Easy Almond Flour Muffins
- Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes
- Tropical Almond Flour Mango Muffins
- Almond Flour Pancakes
- Almond Flour Pizza Crust
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Flour Brownies
Let me know which ones you like!
Gluten-Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick mats.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, parsley, Old Bay, baking powder, and garlic powder until well combined. Cut in 2 tablespoons of cold butter with 2 butter knifes or pastry blender until small crumbs form. Mix in beaten egg, then shredded cheese.
- Using a scoop or spoon, form 6 small balls (or 4 large) and place on prepared baking sheet. press down gently to form round thick biscuit shape. Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake 6 biscuits at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes (or 15-20 minutes for larger biscuits) or until golden brown around edges.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)
Other gluten-free recipes you may enjoy:
- Easy Almond Flour Muffins – Snappy Gourmet
- Tropical Mango Muffins – Snappy Gourmet
- Baked Corn Tortilla Chips – Beyond the Chicken Coop
- Crispy Almond Sesame Crackers – Low Carb Maven