This Tropical Mango Muffins easy healthy recipe for breakfast or snacks has mango, almonds, lime, coconut, and can be made gluten-free and dairy-free. An easy almond flour muffin!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Tropical Mango Muffins, an easy gluten-free recipe for you today. I’ve been trying to come up with quick and easy breakfast recipes for the kids and I. Mornings are always so crazy around here! So I came up with this recipe for Tropical Mango Muffins that I’ve been making in big batches and freezing.
Instead of flour, they use almond flour and also have fresh mango, unsweetened coconut, honey, and lime juice. They are lower carb, gluten-free, and can also be made dairy-free. The best part is that these muffins will fill you up for hours!!
If you’re not sure about the mango, try my recipe for Almond Flour Muffins and add your own mix-ins.
Unfortunately, I didn’t take any “prep” pictures because I’ve been making these at night. Sorry! But they’re easy to put together. The recipe makes about 3 dozen for me but your yield will vary a bit depending on the size of your mini muffin pan. I have several different mini muffin pans and one is quite bigger than the others.
If you’ve never used almond flour, give it a try! I used Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour. You can find it in most large grocery stores, health stores, and online. Instead of regular milk, I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk. which you can also find in most large grocery stores and elsewhere.
Hope you enjoy!
Tropical Mango Muffins
- 2 cups (224 grams) almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened finely flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 eggs whites & yolks separated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (or fave type of oil)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mango
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan(s) with nonstick spray, brush with melted butter or shortening, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt. Stir in coconut milk, egg yolks, honey, melted butter (or oil), lime juice, and mango until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. Fold into muffin batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan(s). Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
SNAPPY TIPS: Make a big batch of these muffins and freeze them in large resealable bags. Pop a few out the night before for breakfast.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Canned mango can be substituted for fresh, but drain well.
GLUTEN-FREE: This recipe is gluten-free however check specific brands of ingredients to verify.
DAIRY-FREE: This recipe can be made dairy free by substituting oil for butter in the recipe. Check specific brands of other ingredients.