Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe with zucchini and onions. A complete healthy dinner for one or family made all in one pan and also gluten-free, dairly-free, and low carb.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
This Easy Lemon Chicken recipe is the perfect healthy family dinner or easy enough to make just for one person. Not many ingredients and the whole meal is made all in one pan. Dinner doesn’t get any easier does it? This chicken dinner is also gluten-free, dairy free, and low carb which may be a nice bonus for some of you.
I wrote this easy chicken recipe to make one serving, but the recipe can easily be multiplied for any size family. The more you multiply the recipe the larger the pan you should use, otherwise, you may need to make this easy lemon chicken in batches or cook the vegetables and chicken separately then combine at the end.
This healthy chicken recipe can also be easily adapted. Use your favorite vegetables or herbs. For my vegetables I used zucchini and onions, but you could easily swap them out for something else. You could also add your other favorite herbs like fresh rosemary or oregano at the end before serving.
This dish is super easy to make! I drizzled a little olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Added my vegetables and stirred and cooked for a few minutes. Then I added thinly cut boneless chicken and cooked the chicken a few minutes per side. Added a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder and a little lemon juice and wine (or you could substitute chicken broth). And that’s it! Ready in like 20-30 minutes at most. Happy eating!
Hope you enjoy!
Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quartered and sliced zucchini (about 1 small)
- 1 cup quartered and sliced onion (about 1 small)
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast thinly sliced
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine (or chicken broth)
- Drizzle olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini and onion to pan. Stir and cook about 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are just starting to soften. Move vegetables to side of pan. Add chicken to pan and cook chicken about 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on top of chicken and vegetables. Add lemon juice and wine and stir and cook about 1 minute to combine.
SNAPPY TIPS: The recipe makes one serving. To make for more people, multiple the ingredients times the number of servings you'd like.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitute your favorite vegetables and/or herbs.
Other chicken recipes you may enjoy: