Almond Flour Pancakes Recipe, an easy gluten free pancake recipe with almond flour and a few ingredients you probably already have. These almond flour pancakes could easily be made keto or paleo friendly. This easy blender pancake recipe is quick and results in light and fluffy pancakes that are great for a fast breakfast and also freezer friendly.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
I’ve been a little surprised how well some of my almond flour recipes have done like my Easy Almond Flour Muffins, Easy Almond Flour Biscuits (Gluten-Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits – Red Lobster Copycat), and Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes. So thought I’d add some more almond flour recipes to my recipe index, including these Easy Almond Flour Pancakes!
So this recipe for Almond Flour Pancakes couldn’t be easier! It could easily be made keto and paleo friendly as well. I have a lot of substitution ideas but feel free to try your own. I wrote the recipe based on how I tried it out (like in the photos here) so can’t guarantee every single one of your substitution ideas will work.
How to Make Almond Flour Pancakes:
Did I mention these are blender pancakes and you just throw all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth? That’s it!
Although if you don’t want to get your blender dirty, or don’t have a blender, no problem! Just whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl for these pancakes with almond flour.
So start with some good quality blanched almond flour. If you’re wondering where to buy almond flour you can generally find it at your local larger grocery stores or specialty grocery stores. I personally would suggest you buy almond flour such as Honeyville, Bob’s Red Mill, or even Kirkland (at Costco) , but you could make your own. The ones you buy tend to me a lot finer and better to bake with in my experience.
Once you have your almond flour in the blender, add your ingredients including
- baking soda,
- maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice such as honey, sugar, sugar substitute, or you could omit),
- large eggs,
- unsweetened coconut milk (or buttermilk, milk, almond milk, or milk substitute),
- melted coconut oil (or melted butter or vegetable oil),
- vanilla extract, and
- orange juice (or lemon juice or apple cider vinegar)
Again, there are lots of substitute options, but I wrote the recipe based on what I actually used and ideas in parentheses.
Once everything is in the blender, process until smooth. The recipe makes about 2 1/4 cup of pancake batter.
Lightly grease a griddle or nonstick pan with a little more coconut oil, vegetable oil, or butter.
Scoop the pancake mix onto the griddle that has been preheated to about medium. Cook the Almond Flour Pancakes for a few minutes per side. The batter will get a little bubbly (although not necessarily as much as regular pancake batter). Gently lift the edge up of the pancake to see if the bottom is golden brown and cooked before trying to flip.
These Almond Flour pancakes turned out a lot more light and fluffy than I anticipated. Even my kids ate them. You can store them in a resealable bag or container in the refrigerator for a few days.
Or if you’d like to freeze a big batch, I’d suggest freezing the pancakes in a single layer on a piece of parchment paper or silicone mat. Once frozen, bag them up.
Serve these easy Almond Flour Pancakes with your choice of toppings such as fresh fruit, fruit sauces, maple syrup, or anything else you can think of.
These low carb Almond Flour Pancakes may or may not be considered healthy. Of course everyone has a different definition of healthy. So I’ll leave it up to you to decide!
To make sure they are gluten free, keto, and/or paleo be sure to double check all the ingredients you use.
Quick video how to make almond flour pancakes…
Hope you enjoy these easy gluten-free Almond Flour Pancakes!
Almond Flour Recipes:
Looking for more almond flour recipes? Well, you’re in luck. I have many!
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Easy Almond Flour Muffins
- Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes
- Tropical Almond Flour Mango Muffins
- Almond Flour Biscuits (Cheddar Bay Biscuits)
- Almond Flour Pizza Crust
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Flour Brownies
The Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes are a family favorite!
Almond Flour Pancakes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or buttermilk, milk, or milk substitute)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted (or melted butter or vegetable oil); plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or sugar, honey, or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice (or apple cider vinegar or lemon juice)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Lightly grease a griddle or large nonstick pan with a little more coconut oil (or butter or vegetable oil). Preheat pan over medium heat.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter onto hot pan. Cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown underneath and batter is slightly bubbly. Flip over and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.