Dill Pickle Chicken Burgers, are full of dill and pickle flavors. An easy homemade chicken burger recipe with ground chicken that the kids will love!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Summer is all about burgers, isn’t it? Ok maybe not always, but my kids just can’t get enough of these Pickle Chicken Burgers right now! It’s been a while since I’ve done any chicken burger recipes like my Mediterranean Chicken Burgers and Caribbean Chicken Burgers (both old posts that need an update but still delish), so I hope you like this one!
Chicken and pickle a great combo, right? These homemade chicken burgers with ground chicken are delicious with all those chopped pickles, pickle “juice”, and more pickles on top.
You can easily adapt the ingredients to your own personal preferences. You can even use a different type of protein such as beef, pork, or even turkey.
Here’s what you’ll need…
Pickle Chicken Burger Ingredients
- Ground chicken (lean or regular)
- Dill pickles (homemade or store-bought)
- Pickle juice (liquid in the pickle jar)
- Fresh dill
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cheese (we like Havarti)
- Toppings (optional): tomato, lettuce, onion, more pickles, Boom sauce (our favorite!)
How to Make Pickle Chicken Burgers
Place the ground chicken in a large mixing bowl. Break the chicken up slightly with your hands so it’s not clumped together. Add the chopped pickles, pickle juice, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Gently mix everything together with your hands or a wooden spoon being careful not to compact the meat. Gently form the mixture into 4 patties.
Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or use a little oil to coat bottom of the pan) over medium-high heat. Place the burger patties in pan and cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
When burgers are almost done cooking, top the patties with cheese and cover the pan so the cheese melts.
Place a burger patty on the bottom of each roll and top with desired toppings and top of the roll.
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Be careful to not overmix or compact the ground chicken and other ingredients otherwise, you may end up with tough burgers.
- Use your favorite dill pickles (homemade or store-bought) or any kind of pickle. If the pickles are bad, you’re not going to like the burger!
- Cook your chicken burgers thoroughly. Internal temperature should be about 160 degrees F.
- If you’re short on time, make your burger patties as thin as possible so they will cook faster.
- The burgers may be sticky and hard to form into patties since there isn’t a lot of filler like breadcrumbs. No problem though! Form into balls, put on the hot pan, and carefully press down with your hands or spatula to form a patty.
Chicken Burger FAQ
Can I use ground chicken breast for chicken burgers?
Yes, you can use a lean ground chicken, dark meat, or any combo. The texture and taste will vary though.
Can I use a different type of meat besides chicken?
Yes, you can use any type of ground meat (beef, pork, or turkey) you’d like or even a vegetarian substitute. Beef would be my second pick though!
What goes well on a chicken burger?
You can use your favorite toppings such as any kind of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion (raw or cooked), mayonnaise, and more pickles of course!
Can I grill these chicken burgers?
You can, however, the patties can be sticky since there isn’t any filler like breadcrumbs. I would make sure your grill grates are well oiled or maybe even try to freeze the patties. I haven’t tried it though, so can’t say for sure. You could also cook the burgers on a pan on the grill to be on the safe side.
Why don’t these chicken burgers have breadcrumbs?
I don’t like a lot of “filler” bread in my burgers but you can definitely add some breadcrumbs if you’d like. It will help make the patties less sticky and easier to handle.
Can’t get enough burgers right now? Try some of these!
Other Burger Recipes You May Enjoy
- Killer Burger – A classic burger with our homemade secret sauce.
- French Onion Beer Burger – A great combo with onions and beer.
- Philly Cheesesteak Burger – The famous sandwich made into a burger, delish!
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Burger – Oh boy, can’t wait to try this one loaded with shrimp!
- Jerk Turkey Burgers – These burgers look like they are packed with flavor!
Hope you enjoy these quick and easy Dill Pickle Chicken Burgers!
Shop the Post:
Pickle Chicken Burger
- Place ground chicken in a large mixing bowl. Break the meat up slightly with your hands so it's not clumped together. Add chopped pickles, pickle juice, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Gently mix together with hands or wooden spoon being careful not to compact meat. Form into 4 patties.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or use a little oil to coat bottom of pan) over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan and cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- When burgers are almost done cooking, top with cheese and cover pan so cheese melts.
- Place a burger patty on bottom of each roll and top with desired toppings and top of roll.