Blackberry Sangria, an easy blackberry sangria recipe with blackberry vodka, red wine, lime, and fresh fruit. A refreshing cocktail and drink!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Let’s start the day with a Blackberry Sangria recipe, k? Everyone seems to be moving ahead to fall and fall recipes, but it’s still summer and I wanted sangria. Nothing wrong with that, right??? So I looked around the house to see what I could come up. Next thing I knew I was making this simple Blackberry Sangria with vodka and other stuff I had around. It doesn’t take long to put together but you should let the sangria sit in the fridge for at least a few hours or better yet overnight so that the flavor is a bit stronger.
First thing to do for the sangria is make the blackberry simple syrup. Put your blackberries, water, and sugar in a pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. You can add a little more or less blackberries depending on what you have in the house. You can also add more/less sugar or water. I didn’t want my sangria overly sweet so I didn’t add as much sugar as most people probably would. There are a million ways to make sangria so just experiment!
I poured the blackberries through a strainer a few times to catch all the chunks of fruit left.
Pour the blackberry simple syrup into a pitcher or container and add your wine. I used Sutter Home’s Sweet Red Wine.
Next up was a little Pinnacle Blackberry Vodka. Mmmmmmm….
I added some orange slices, lime slices, and blackberries then mixed it all together and refrigerated overnight. A little Mint Simple Syrup would also probably be a delicious addition.
Garnish with more fruit as desired and serve over ice.
Fall is right around the corner so enjoy now! Actually, this would be a great fall cocktail too!
Now go relax with one of these. :)
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 bottle sweet red wine (such as Sutter Home Sweet Red)
- 1/2 cup Blackberry Vodka (such as Pinnacle)
- orange slices, lime slices, and/or fresh blackberries
- Place 1 cup blackberries, water, and sugar in small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer about 10-15 minutes or until blackberries are very soft.
- Strain liquid several times and discard fruit. Pour into pitcher. Add wine and vodka. Add orange slices, lime slices, and blackberries as desired. Cover and refrigerate at least a few hours but overnight is desired.
- Serve over ice and garnish with additional fruit as desired.
More blackberry recipes you might enjoy:
Pinnacle Vodka did provide me with some samples of products to try earlier this year but the recipe and all opinions are my own.