Philly Cheesesteak Burger, an easy burger recipe perfect for Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July, Father’s Day, or really anytime of the year!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands I love so I can create more recipes for you! (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
It already feels like summer and I’m SO ready for burgers this weekend!
These Philly Cheesesteak Burgers are what I like to call easy gourmet. They are the perfect party food, but easy enough to make year-round. You can never have enough burger recipes right? You may remember some of my other burger recipes like my Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers and French Onion Beer Burgers. Yum!
Well these Philly Cheesesteak Burgers with Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty Buns are the perfect addition to my other favorite burger recipes.
If you like Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and like burgers, you will love a Philly Cheesesteak Burger! These Philly Cheesesteak Burgers are loaded with toppings including onions, bell peppers, and an easy cheese sauce.The Farmhouse Hearty Buns held up perfectly with the huge pile of toppings! The buns helped me make BIG hearty burgers without having to worry about the buns falling apart. Ever that happen? Not fun. Didn’t have that problem with these Farmhouse Hearty Buns.
The Farmhouse Hearty Buns can be found in the Northeast and come in three varieties including Hearty White topped with sesame seeds, Rustic Potato, and Stone Ground Wheat. Any variety would be great for these Philly Cheesesteak Burgers but I went with the Hearty White.
Once you have your Farmhouse Hearty Buns picked out, choose your toppings. I went with sliced onions and bell peppers to start. Mushrooms would also be a great substitute or addition. I love all the different colors of the bell peppers, don’t you? You can cook the vegetables in a pan on your grill or stove. I also added a little salt and pepper to the vegetables for a little added taste.While the vegetables are cooking, you can make your cheese sauce and burgers. For the cheese sauce I used deli white American cheese because it melts really well. You can try different cheeses but it may not work as well so don’t send me nasty emails, k?
Chop the cheese and add it to a small bowl with milk or cream. Microwave the cheese and milk for 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until the cheese sauce is smooth. The cheese sauce may seem a little chunky at first, but keep microwaving, and it will smooth out! You could also make the cheese sauce in a small saucepan over low heat or on the grill if you’d like.
For the burgers, gently combine the ground beef with the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt (or Kosher salt), and garlic powder. Be sure you don’t overmix the beef or it will make tough burgers.
Cook the burgers for a few minutes on each side either on your grill or in a pan on your stove until desired doneness. It’s almost time to enjoy a Philly Cheesesteak Burger, hang in there!
To serve, I lightly toasted the buns then topped the buns with the burger patties, vegetables, and cheese sauce. If the cheese sauce starts to thicken too much before serving, pop it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir.
A little Boom Sauce on this burger would be great too!
Hope you enjoy a big hearty Philly Cheesesteak Burger! Happy eating!
Philly Cheesesteak Burger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups combination of sliced onion and bell peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound deli white American cheese coarsely chopped
- 1/2 milk or heavy cream
- 4 Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty Buns split & lightly toasted
- Place olive oil in large skillet over medium heat on the grill (or stove). Add onion and pepper, stirring occasionally, cook about 6-8 minutes or until fork tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and mix to combine.
- Meanwhile, add ground beef to large mixing bowl. Gently stir in Worcestshire, seasoned salt, and garlic powder until just combined being careful to not overmix meat. Form into 4 large patties to fit the buns.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (or place skillet on stove over medium heat). Cook burgers about 3-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Place chopped cheese and milk (or cream) in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth, about 2-4 minutes.
- To assemble burgers, place a burger patty on the bottom of each toasted bun. Top patty with onions, pepper, and cheese sauce then cover with top of each bun.
Other burger recipes with Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty Buns you may enjoy: