Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers, an easy burger recipe and a freezer friendly meal! Make the burgers ahead and freeze for sandwiches, salads, and more.
Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers an easy healthy homemade family dinner recipe with lean ground chicken. Burgers also freeze well for a make ahead meal! SnappyGourmet.comI posted a recipe awhile back for a Tomato & Basil Mediterranean Chicken Burgers and I got a lot of nice comments and emails about the burgers so thought I’d come up with another burger that is just as easy but completely different flavors! So here’s a recipe for a Caribbean Mango Chicken Burger. You can substitute any type of ground meat, but I like to use lean ground chicken breast. I love making big batches of chicken burgers and freeze them individually for a quick lunch or dinner in the upcoming weeks. So triple or quadruple this recipe if you want some quick meals!
When choosing fresh mango, make sure the fruit is soft otherwise it may take a few days to ripen.
This recipe only takes minutes to prepare and the only time consuming part is chopping everything up including the cilantro, mango, jalapeno, garlic, and onion.
The recipe below makes 4 burgers, but I like to make a HUGE batch, cook the burgers, wrap them up individually and freeze. They defrost great in the microwave or overnight in the refrigerator.
I like to use a cast iron griddle coated with a little oil but you could use any kind of pan or even grill these outside.
Top these burgers with anything you’d like including lettuce, onion slices, fresh mango, etc. You can also make a quick spread by placing mango, cilantro, lime juice and some mayo or yogurt in a food processor.
Want more chicken? You might also like this copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich!
Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken (can use regular or lean)
- 1/4 cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh mango finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeno (seeds & stems removed) minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Caribbean seasoning (or Caribbean Jerk)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 4 rolls
- Toppings (optional): Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, mango, onion slices, yogurt/mayo
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together yogurt, mango, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, Caribbean seasoning, garlic, and lime zest until well combined. Gently stir yogurt mixture into chicken being careful not to overmix and compact meat. Form into 4 patties.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or use a little oil to coat bottom of pan) over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan and cook about 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Place chicken patties in rolls and top with desired toppings.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)