Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes, easy gluten free chocolate cakes for two or more people made in individual ramekins! These little desserts can also be made with all-purpose flour, but I love using almond flour in these. The best little from scratch dessert when you want something quick and easy!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
These cute Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes may be gluten-free but they’re full of flavor and delicious whether you’re on a gluten-free diet or not! I love mini desserts like my Mini Dark Chocolate Frangelico Pudding Cakes and Mini Buckeye Cheesecakes! Who am I kidding, I love all desserts! But seriously, I love little desserts for a quick treat!
What is Almond Flour?
Almond flour is just finely ground almonds. You can make your own by grinding almonds in a food processor until very finely chopped. BUT commercial almond flours are a lot more finely ground than what you can make at home and great for baking.
Almond Flour Recipes:
Looking for other almond flour recipes? Check out my others.…
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Easy Almond Flour Muffins
- Tropical Almond Flour Mango Muffins
- Almond Flour Biscuits (Cheddar Bay Biscuits)
- Almond Flour Pancakes
- Almond Flour Pizza Crust
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Flour Brownies
This recipe for these Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes makes 2 cakes but you can easily multiply the ingredients to make more if you’d like. I love that it doesn’t make too much and just enough for two people so I don’t eat too many, haha!
You could probably make these chocolate cakes in a muffin pan with liners (although I didn’t try…) but I use small ramekins.
How to Make Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes?
Even if you’re not on a gluten-free diet, I have to say I really prefer almond flour over all-purpose flour in this recipe. You can substitute all-purpose flour (I’ve done it both ways), but I really like the almond flour MUCH better for this particular recipe.
Besides the almond flour, not a lot of other ingredients. All you need is butter, honey, chocolate chips, an egg, salt, and vanilla.
To start, microwave the butter, honey, and chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
Then mix that together with the rest of the ingredients.
Be sure your chocolate mixture is cool before mixing with the egg or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs which you don’t want! Or you can temper the egg by placing small amounts of the hot chocolate into the egg while stirring until it’s all incorporated.
I used dark chocolate chips but you could also use semi-sweet or bittersweet depending on how sweet you like your cake.
I like to eat these warm out of the oven. I think they’re best the same day but definitely not bad the next day or two. They’re also great with a good vanilla ice cream or homemade ice cream. Yum!
I hope you enjoy these Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes! Hope to have some more almond flour cake recipes for you soon.
Here’s a quick video to show you how quick the almond flour cakes come together…
Mini Almond Flour Chocolate Cakes Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 2 four ounce ramekins with nonstick spray or grease lightly with butter or shortening.
- Place butter, honey, and chocolate chips in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. If chocolate chips are still a bit lumpy, microwave an additional 15-30 seconds or until smooth. Cool.
- Add almond flour, egg, vanilla, and salt to cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake cakes at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.