Mango Bars, quick and easy recipe like mango pie with tastes of mango and lime and a coconut and graham cracker crust.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Quick and easy recipe for you today, MANGO BARS! My Snappy Gourmet Facebook friends probably remember me mentioning these Mango Bars recently and how the recipe kind of happened by accident after we were all discussing key lime pie on my Facebook page. I’m not much of a key lime pie fan (generally) so decided to make something similar but with mango and as bars. Not sure how my brain jumped from key lime pie, to mango pie, to mango bars. So these Mango bars are like key lime pie, but mango and in bars. Tastes of mango and lime, and a graham cracker and coconut crust. Yeah, not the best explanation, but this is one delicious easy dessert recipe!!!
Awww, you can never have too many tropical recipes that make you think of the Caribbean or an island somewhere, right? Or maybe it’s just me because that’s what I was imagining while enjoying these Mango Bars. Since these Mango Bars happened by accident one night I’m afraid I don’t have any photos of the whole recipe process.
The bars only have 7 ingredients plus a few more ingredients for garnish if you want. The Mango Bars don’t take long to bake but they do need to setup in the fridge for at least a few hours or better yet, overnight similar to cheesecake. The graham cracker crust with the mango is delicious! I added some coconut to the crust but you could just use more graham cracker crumbs if you don’t like coconut.
The bars don’t have a really STRONG mango flavor, but more of a subtle mango and lime flavor. So if you’re looking for mango, add a little chopped mango on top. Hope you enjoy these light and refreshing Mango Bars!
Hope you enjoy!
You might also like this Mango Pineapple Smoothie!
- 2/3 cups puréed mango (see notes)
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Garnish suggestions: (optional):
- Toasted sweetened coconut , whip cream, lime slices, fresh mango slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs and coconut in medium mixing bowl. Mix in melted butter. Pour into prepared pan and press down with the back of a fork for an even layer to form crust. Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, mix together mango, condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl until well combined. Pour filling over crust and spread with spoon to form equal layer. Bake about 6-9 minutes or until set around the edges (center may still appear a little soft). Remove from oven, cool completely, then refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours before serving.
Other mango recipes you may enjoy: