(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
It’s National Margarita Day! And I have the perfect new cocktail recipe, Mango Coconut Margarita! No need to buy all those margarita mixes, this easy recipe for Mango Coconut Margaritas is a frozen margarita and ready in no time. Just put everything in the blender, and in a few seconds, they’re ready!! Easy to make these into non-alcohoholic mocktails too!
Like I said, no need to buy those margarita mixes. You might me wondering how to make a margarita without a mix, but it’s really easy! What is in a margarita? Well, you can put whatever you want. :) Many of the margarita mixes are just corn syrup and water. You’ll be amazed how sweet and refreshing this margarita is with just fresh fruit and no added sugar.
But if you like your drinks really sweet, add a little sugar, agave, or honey. I added tequila, triple sec, coconut milk, fresh lime juice, fresh mango, and ice cubes to this best ever margarita!! The coconut flavor is not really strong so if you’re not a huge coconut fan, don’t worry, I don’t think you’ll even notice the coconut. Although, I LOVE coconut and lined the rim of my glass with unsweetened coconut, lime zest, and salt!
If you want to turn these frozen Mango Coconut Margaritas into mocktails, substitute water or more coconut cream/milk for the alcohol. Kids will love it!
Happy National Margarita Day friends! Hope you enjoy my Mango Coconut Margarita recipe!!
Hope you enjoy!
Mango Coconut Margarita
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec (or orange flavored liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (or cream)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh mango cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Optional (for glass rim): lime juice, salt, finely grated unsweetened coconut, lime zest
- Place the tequila, triple sec, coconut milk, lime juice, mango, and ice into blender. Process until smooth.
- Rub lime juice along glass rim. Dip rim into mixture of salt, unsweetened coconut, and/or lime zest as desired. Pour drink into prepared glass.
SNAPPY TIPS: Add sugar, agave, or honey as desired for a sweeter drink. Instead of rubbing lime juice on the glass rim, try honey.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: For a mocktail, substitute water or more coconut cream/milk for the alcohol.
Other margarita recipes you might enjoy:
- Kiss of Light Margarita – Magnolia Days
- Tart Lime Margaritas – Erika Follansbee
- Pepper Jelly Margaritas – Southern Living
- Pomegranate Margarita – Tide & Thyme
- Blue Margarita – Confections of a Foodie Bride