(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Healthy Chocolate Mockshake recipe for you that is perfect if you’re trying to control those post holiday sugar cravings! Hands down, this mockshake is my kids’ favorite after-school snack right now! I love that it’s easy to make, healthy, and fills them up so they don’t ask me a million times what’s for dinner! It’s a cross between a smoothie and a milkshake, so I like to tell them it’s a healthy chocolate shake! It’s also sugar free (or at least no added sugar), gluten free, and can also be made dairy free. So many variations that you can personalize it! Try out my Healthy Chocolate Mockshake recipe and tell me what variations you made!
Only 6 ingredients – frozen banana slices, almond milk, almond butter, ice, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla. No added sugar in this mockshake except the sugar found naturally in the products such as the banana.
I like to use almond milk, but you could just as easily use coconut milk or regular milk. For a dairy free version, skip the whip cream. :) I use homemade almond butter in my mockshakes, but peanut butter is great (such as a natural version with no sugar or salt) or use any kind of nut butter.
You should definitely be sure to use FROZEN banana slices. You could use a regular banana but the consistency of the Chocolate Mockshake will be very different. You can also try different brands of unsweetened cocoa powder for a different taste.
Feel free to add in some of your other favorite add ins like flax seed, protein powder, etc. And that’s it! A great healthy snack that will fill you up for hours!
Hope you enjoy!
Healthy Chocolate Mockshake
- 1 medium banana sliced & frozen
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut milk or regular milk)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or peanut butter or any nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Topping (optional): whipped cream/whipped topping
- Place the banana slices, ice cubes, almond milk, cocoa powder, almond butter, and vanilla into a blender and process until smooth.
SNAPPY TIPS: Make sure your banana slices are really frozen for best results.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute any kind of nut butter for the almond butter and any kind of milk for the almond milk. Taste will vary greatly depending on what you substitute. I personally think coconut milk and peanut butter is the best.
More chocolate drink recipes I thought you’d enjoy:
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail – Snappy Gourmet
- Mississippi Mudtini – Snappy Gourmet
- Almond Joy Shake – Friday Cake Night
- Chocolate Peppermint Green Smoothie – Healthy Delicious
- Chocolate Monkey Power Smoothie – Jesse Lane Wellness