This easy Cold Spinach Dip is creamy and so quick to make! Best part is this homemade Spinach Dip is a no-bake recipe so it’s the perfect quick appetizer or snack for parties.
This quick and easy homemade Cold Spinach Dip is a super simple appetizer or snack. Although I love my other Hot Onion Spinach Dip, it can be a little more time consuming and does require baking. This no-bake version, is a great alternative!
Weather is getting warm here, so who wants to heat up their kitchen all the time?! Not me. Although I have to admit some days I really do love baking in the summer. Crazy, right?
But either way, I wanted a quick and easy from-scratch no-bake spinach dip. Most recipes out there seem to require baking. Also, so many spinach dip recipes have artichokes, which you could definitely add to this dip, but I didn’t have any, and really want to keep this more on the simple side.
This delicious spinach dip only takes about 5 minutes to make (maybe 10-15 depending on how long it takes you to get everything out of the fridge and prepped…). You can also eat it right away, OR let it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to let the flavors develop a little more if you liked. The best!
All the ingredients should be easy to find for this Cold Spinach Dip. Lots of substitution or addition ideas as well that I’ll get to down below.
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Cold Spinach Dip Ingredients
- Olive oil (or nonstick spray)
- Fresh Baby Spinach (could use frozen, but see notes further down below)
- Sour Cream
- Mayonnaise (or could use some plain Greek yogurt for either sour cream or mayonnaise)
- Parmesan cheese (Feta would work too)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
How to Make Spinach Dip
- COOK SPINACH. Drizzle olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach. Cook about 30 seconds or until spinach has wilted and reduced. Remove spinach from pan, and set aside to cool slightly.
- MAKE DIP. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper until well combined. Stir in spinach.
- SERVE. Can serve right away, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Uses for Spinach Dip & Serving Suggestions
- Serve with vegetables or potato chips for dipping.
- Also great with crunchy breadsticks, pretzels (like these Soft Pretzel Sticks), crackers (like these Almond Flour Crackers) and crostini for dipping.
- Spread on sandwiches or even burgers.
- Mix a little into a salad dressing for salads.
- Mix a little dip into pasta salads or potato salads.
Quick Tips for Best Results
- You can use low-fat mayonnaise and/or sour cream (or Greek Yogurt) but know that your dip might not be as thick in consistency.
- For a stronger deeper flavor, refrigerate the dip for at least a few hours or overnight.
- You could use defrosted frozen spinach, BUT be sure to dry it A LOT so the dip doesn’t get too “soupy”. I really like the fresh spinach in this dip way better!
- Adjust the seasonings to your family’s personal preference.
Spinach Dip FAQ
How should I store this Cold Spinach Dip?
Store the dip covered in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze Spinach Dip?
No, I would not recommend freezing this dip.
How long will Spinach Dip last?
Depending on the freshness of all your ingredients, it should last at least a few days or about a week I would guess.
So many substitution possibilities for this easy Cold Spinach Dip! Of course any changes you make will have different results, so I can’t make any guarantees.
- You could substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise or sour cream.
- You could also substitute defrosted frozen spinach BUT dry it VERY well.
- You could also substitute feta cheese for the Parmesan cheese.
- Instead of the seasonings, you could substitute a little Ranch Seasoning from a packet or this Homemade Ranch Seasoning. Greek seasoning with feta cheese would also be delicious.
Can I use low-fat ingredients?
YES, you could make a more light and healthy version by using low-fat mayonnaise, sour cream, and/or yogurt. Depending on the quality of the low-fat ingredients, your dip might be slightly thinner in consistency.
What else can I add to this recipe?
You can add your favorite seasonings or seasoning mixes. A little finely chopped onion or green onion would also be great. Chopped artichokes would be good too! For a thicker dip or more of a spread, you could mix in some softened cream cheese. Chopped cooked bacon, would be tasty too. For a spicy version add a little hot sauce.
Can I make this vegan/vegetarian/low carb/gluten-free?
Here are some suggestions, but I can’t guarantee results. Be sure as always to check particular brands and ingredients if you’re following a specific diet or have diet restrictions or allergies.
Vegan – Use a vegan-friendly sour cream (or yogurt) and you can omit the Parmesan cheese or use a cheese substitute.
Vegetarian – It’s vegetarian. Be sure to check individual brands/products just to be sure though.
Low-Carb – This dip is fairly low-carb, just check specific brands to be sure and serve with low carb dippers like vegetables.
Gluten-Free – The dip is gluten-free, but be sure to serve with gluten-free dippers.
I have lots of other great appetizer recipes, but here are some others…
Other Dip Recipes You May Enjoy
- Best Cannoli Dip (Snappy Gourmet) – A fun dessert dip that is great for parties.
- Ham Dip (Snappy Gourmet) – No-cook dip that is a great way to use up any leftover ham you have around.
- Monster Cookie Dip (Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt) – Another great dessert dip based on the popular cookie.
- Deviled Dip (Food Network) – Great dip if you have some hard-boiled eggs around.
Hope you enjoy this easy Cold Spinach Dip. Tell me in the comments if you added any other ingredients.
Shop the Post:
Cold Spinach Dip
- Drizzle olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach. Cook about 30 seconds or until spinach has wilted and reduced. Remove spinach from pan, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper until well combined. Stir in spinach.
- Can serve right away, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)