Gingerbread Cookie Cups, an easy recipe for the best cookie shots! Fill the cookies with eggnog, a cocktail, or anything! BEST holiday or Christmas dessert!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Lots of fun stuff for you today! I have the best holiday recipe, Gingerbread Cookie Cups! These gingerbread cookie shots are the best way to serve eggnog, cocktails, ice cream, or anything else you can think of.
These are the BEST! Such a fun way to serve eggnog, cocktails, ice cream, pudding, or even milk! The kids will love them (just be sure no alcohol for them…) and the adults will love them too.
To get started, you will need a 12 cup mini popover pan. You could substitute something else like a muffin pan or a silicone shot pan but you will need to adjust baking times and test it out. I have only used the popover pan for these so I can’t guarantee how these cookie shots will turn out with other pans. Christmas is coming up, so buy yourself an early present. ;)
Once you have your cookie dough ready, press a thin layer of dough against the bottom and sides of each cup of the pan making sure it’s all covered well. You do NOT want any holes.
When the cookies come out of the oven don’t worry if they have filled in the middle a bit. Press the handle of a wooden spoon into the cookie to form the cup again. Do this while the cookies are warm.
The cookie cups should pop right out of this pan when you flip the pan over and give it a slight jiggle. If they stick a little, run a butter knife around the edges until the cookie cups loosen. If you use a different pan, well, I can’t tell you how well they’ll pop out so do the best you can.
Cool the cookie shots completely. Then melt some cinnamon chips with heavy cream and brush along the inside of the cup being sure to cover the bottom and sides completely. If you don’t do this step, the cookies will become soggy when filled which may be ok depending on what you plan to fill them with.
Once the cookie shots have completely cooled, fill with your favorite drink or filling! I filled these with a little eggnog and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon! Hope you enjoy these cute little cookie shots! I may have to add these Gingerbread Cookie Cups to my favorites list. :)
Hope you enjoy! You might also like these Italian Lemon Cookies which would be great this time of year as well.
Gingerbread Cookie Cups Recipe
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and molasses. Beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Press a small piece of dough into the sides and bottom of each cup of a 12 cup mini popover pan to form a cup.
- Bake cookies about 20-25 minutes or until browned. While still warm use the handle of a wooden spoon to press cookie dough down and towards side to reform the cups. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put cinnamon chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on half power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Using a pastry brush or (new) paint brush, brush the melted cinnamon chips along the inside of each cookie cup. Cool completely.
- Fill each cup with eggnog and whipped cream or with your favorite filling.