Chocolate Christmas Cookies, 17 best chocolate cookies perfect for Christmas! These popular Christmas cookies are great for both kids and adults, some traditional and old fashioned cookies and some fun gourmet Christmas cookies!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
17 Chocolate Christmas Cookies, are you getting some cookie trays together for Christmas and the holidays? Check out all these popular chocolate Christmas cookie recipes for your Christmas baked goods needs.
CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS COOKIES:
1. Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Pie Bars (Snappy Gourmet) – Part pie, part cookies, but all deliciousness! These ooey gooey chocolate cookie bars of full of dark chocolate and hazelnuts. These popular chocolate cookies are also great with other types of nuts such as pecans and walnuts. Always on my holiday cookie platters!
2. Chocolate Christmas Monster Cookies (NeighborFood) – Monster cookies with peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and M&Ms! So much goodness in this recipe!
3. Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies (Food Network) – If you like chocolate and cherries, you’ll love these fun chocolate cookies, topped with a cherry, and then covered with more chocolate!
4. Dark Chocolate Amaretto Fudge Cookies (Running To The Kitchen) – Chocolate and Amaretto, do I need to say more? Boozy cookies for the holidays will surely wow your adult guests!
5. Buckeye Thumbprints (Snappy Gourmet) – Chocolate and peanut butter cookies drizzled with chocolate. Everyone goes crazy for these cookies from my friend’s cookbook!
6. Stuffed Chocolate Truffle Cookies (CakeWhiz) – A chocolate truffle candy stuffed in a chocolate cookie, what? Yes, please! Doesn’t get much better than candy and cookies together in one recipe.
7. Slice and Bake Chocolate and Pistachio Cookies (Good Housekeeping) – Great make ahead chocolate cookies with pistachio edges. Simple to make, but look gourmet!
8. Chocolate Sea Salt Shortbread (Sheri Silver) – Oh how I love shortbread, don’t you? These chocolate shortbread cookies are topped with a little sea salt. They also make great ice cream sandwiches!
9. Dark Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cookies (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!) – Yum! Dark chocolate cookies with dark cocoa powder, white chocolate chips, and chopped Hershey’s Cookies’n’Creme candy bars.
10. Silver & Gold Chocolate Glitter Cookies (Swirls of Flavor) – Glitter makes everything better, don’t you think? If you’ve never tried edible glitter, give these Chocolate Glitter Cookies a try. Great idea for New Year’s Eve parties too.
11. Double Chocolate Brownie Bites (Martha Stewart) – Ohhhh these chocolate brownie cookies, look like the perfect ooey gooey chocolate cookie for your favorite chocoholic.
12. Hot Chocolate Cookies (Love From The Oven) – Chocolate cookies with hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows. Such a fun idea for the kids (and adults)!
13. Chocolate Almond Biscotti (An Italian in My Kitchen) – Biscotti is a lot easier to make than it looks. Give this chocolate version with almonds a try this Christmas.
14. Chocolate Crackle Cookies (Eat The Love) – Classic and traditional Chocolate Crackle Cookies rolled in powdered sugar. A holiday classic cookie!
15. Mini Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Sandwiches (Snappy Gourmet) – Looking for kids Christmas cookies? How about these mini chocolate cookies? These small soft chocolate cookies are stuffed with an easy peppermint frosting.
16. Chocolate Sugar Cookies (The Kitchen Is My Playground) – Most sugar cookies you see this season are vanilla, but how about a chocolate version? These chocolate sugar cookies would be great topped with your favorite glaze or frosting and even sprinkles! Keep them simple and traditional or use your favorite gourmet toppings for gourmet Christmas cookies.
17. Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies (Nutmeg Nanny) – Try adding a little chocolate in a old fashioned gingerbread cookie full of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and molasses.
How about some fun dessert cocktails to serve with these cookies? Check out my Peppermint Cookietini and this dessert cocktail, Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail! Delicious and fun drinks that will wow your friends!
What are your favorite Chocolate Christmas Cookies? Would love to hear about your most popular chocolate cookies in the comments below!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!