Italian Christmas Cookies, 15 best Italian cookies and perfect for the best cookie exchange cookies! Some traditional and authentic Italian cookies, and some just for fun!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
15 Italian Christmas Cookies, for all those cookie trays and Christmas parties this year! I put together a list of some traditional and authentic Italian cookies, and some not so traditional Italian Christmas Cookies. Nonetheless, all these Italian cookies sound delicious!
1. Cannoli Cookies (Snappy Gourmet) -Not a very authentic Italian Christmas cookie, but a fun twist on the cannoli, an Italian pastry. Full of flavor including ricotta cheese, orange, pistachios, and chocolate chips. These cookies have been going crazy on Pinterest, so check it out.
2. Wine Cookies – Ciambelle al Vino (An Italian In My Kitchen): Light and crunchy Italian cookies made with wine! Can’t beat that, right?
3. Florentine Cookies (Culinary Ginger): Lace cookies made from chopped almonds, orange, and vanilla with a chocolate filling. I need these in my life!
5. Amaretto Tricolor Cookies (Karen’s Kitchen Stories): Also known as Neapolitan cookies or Italian Rainbow Cookies. The most common version is red, white, and green to represent the colors of the Italian flag, but check out this fun version with Amaretto.
6. Italian Lemon Cookies (Growing Up Gabel): These cute round lemon cookies, are frosted and covered in sprinkles. Such a fun Italian cookie!
7. Double Chocolate Biscotti (Namely Marly): You can find biscotti all over now, but if you’ve never tried making it yourself, give it a try! There are all sorts of flavors and variations, but check out this chocolate version. Biscotti has always been one of my family’s favorite Italian Christmas cookies.
8. Amaretti Cookies (King Arthur Flour): Easy Italian almond flour cookies with a little almond extract.
9. Italian Fig Cookies – Cucidati (Saving Room For Dessert): Moist, tender, and sweet fig filled cookies with a touch of lemon and orange.
10. Italian Anisette “S” Cookies (Wishes and Dishes): These “S” shaped cookies are flavored with anise extract (think black licorice).
11. Pignoli Cookies (Food Network): Made with almond paste and pine nuts, with a little cinnamon and honey. Easy!
12. Mostaccioli Cookies (Giada de Laurentiis): Chocolate iced cookies with a little cinnamon, nutmeg, citrus, and rum!
13. Ugly But Good Cookies – Biscotti Brutti ma Buoni (Food and Wine): The name says it all for these Italian cookies made primarily of hazelnuts.
14. Lady Kisses – Baci di Dama (David Lebovitz): Hazelnut cookies sandwiched with chocolate. Can’t wait to make these!
15. Strufoli (Epicurious): Small pieces of fried dough coated in honey and sprinkles. I personally would consider this more of a pastry, but many call it an Italian cookie so thought I’d include since they can be quite popular!
What are your favorite Italian Christmas Cookies? Would love to hear about your favorite Italian cookies in the comments below!