Mini Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Sandwiches, an easy holiday Make It Yours™ cookie recipe with Country Crock®, chocolate, and peppermint!
This post is sponsored by Country Crock®. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands I love so I can keep bringing you more fabulous recipes! (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Mmmm, I have a fun chocolate and peppermint recipe for you today. Chocolate and peppermint is one of my fave combos after chocolate and peanut butter. And speaking of chocolate and peanut butter, I hope you saw my Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion Cookies recently. I’m happy to be teaming up with Country Crock® again this holiday season and bring you another great cookie recipe. These fun Mini Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Sandwiches are the best bite-size holiday treat!
This Country Crock® Make It Yours™ cookie recipe is easy to make and easy to adapt! You can add your favorite mix-ins, frostings, or more to the basic recipe for a whole new cookie. I decided to go with chocolate and peppermint because I love the combo of flavors. I also love small bite-size desserts so it seemed like a great idea, and they turned out fabulous!
I love that this cookie dough makes soft cookies that STAY soft! To make the cookie dough you start with the Country Crock® base recipe that includes basic cookie dough ingredients that you probably already have in your house including brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, AND Country Crock®. The dough with be soft and creamy so don’t add more flour!
To turn these into chocolate cookies, I added unsweetened cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips to the dough. You’ll get a rich chocolate cookie that is almost brownie like. Love that! You can add 1-2 cups of your favorite mix-ins to the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe like chopped nuts, candy, baking chips, etc. Possibilities are endless!
I wanted to make small bite-size cookies so I dropped about 1 teaspoon of dough for each cookie onto my baking sheets. The cookies do spread a little while baking, so be sure to leave some room between the cookies. The cookies will be slightly bigger than a quarter when baked.
You could make the cookies any size, but since there are really two cookies together I decided to keep the cookies small. If you do make bigger cookies, be sure to adjust the baking time.
To make the frosting, mix together the powdered sugar with more Country Crock® and a little peppermint extract. Use a little red food coloring to tint the frosting. You could also substitute mint extract and green food coloring which would also be delicious.
Be sure you cool the cookies completely before frosting or the frosting will melt and make a big mess. Spread (or pipe) frosting on the bottom half of half the cookies.
If you like A LOT of frosting, you might want to double the frosting recipe. I thought there was plenty of frosting, but I think some people may want more, like A LOT more.
When you have frosting on half the cookies, top with the remaining cookies to form sandwiches. Crushed candy canes or mini chocolate chips around the edge of the cookie sandwiches would also be cute! You could even dip the cookies into chocolate! Or would that be too much? No, I think it would be just fine!
Hope you enjoy these Mini Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Sandwiches as much as we did!
I’d love to hear if you make the cookies or how you adapted them! You can join the conversation online using the #MakeItYours on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. Be sure to visit CountryCrock.com for more recipes!
Mini Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (12 oz.) bag mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix 1 cup Country Crock<sup>®</sup> Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and unsweetened cocoa powder until combined. (Dough will be soft and creamy.)
- Mix in mini chocolate chips until combined.
- Drop dough, about 1 teaspoon for each cookie, on ungreased (or parchment paper lined) baking sheets leaving about 2-inches between cookies.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees F for about 4-6 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool slightly, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat powdered sugar, 1/2 cup Country Crock<sup>®</sup> Spread, and peppermint extract in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 drop of red food coloring at a time until desired color.
- To assemble, spread (or pipe) a little frosting over the bottom half of cookies. Top with another cookie.
More cookie recipes you may enjoy:
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Chip Cookies – Smart School House
- 100 Layer Chocolate Chocolate Cookies – I am Baker
- Confetti Cake Cookies – Confessions of a Cookbook Queen