Buffalo Chicken Nachos, delicious homemade buffalo nachos loaded with shredded buffalo chicken, carrots, celery, and blue cheese. These sheet pan nachos are simple to make right in your oven!
Lots of Buffalo Chicken recipes here on Snappy Gourmet, so I’m excited to add these Buffalo Chicken Nachos to the list! All the fun tastes of buffalo chicken wings, but as nachos. Fun, right?!
So no chicken wings in these nachos. Just all the fun flavors including chicken, buffalo sauce, carrots, celery, and blue cheese. You could even turn these Irish Nachos with potato into Buffalo Nachos. That would be delish too!
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is also a great addition!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Nachos
(For the full printable recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. If you’d like to bake these nachos at a higher temperature, or broil them, you can, but the chips will burn quickly so be sure to keep an eye on the nachos.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or a silicone mat. After your nachos have baked, you’ll be able to slide them off the hot pan if you line the pan first.
Spread out the tortilla chips on your lined pan in a nice even layer.
Top the chips with about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese.
You can use any type of cheese you like but we like to shred our own for nachos since it seems to melt better than preshredded. We used a combo of white cheddar and Monterrey Jack.
In a bowl, mix together some of precooked chicken (leftover shredded or chopped chicken works great! You can also learn how to boil chicken.) with some Buffalo sauce (A little Frank’s hot sauce and butter works well too) or Homemade Buffalo Sauce. Add a little sauce at a time. You may need to just eyeball it rather than measuring it.
Spoon the chicken on top of the chips and cheese. Then sprinkle some chopped raw carrots and celery on top, as well as some crumbled blue cheese.
Top with some of the remaining shredded cheese. The top layer of cheese helps keep everything in place!
You can add your favorite other toppings. A little raw onion would be great too!
The ingredient quantities in the recipe card below are approximate. Please use your best judgment and personal preference when building these nachos.
Bake the nachos in the middle of your oven for about 5-10 minutes. The cheese should be completely melted and the chips should be warm.
Once your nachos are ready, you can slide them off and place on a serving platter, cutting board, or right on your table if you’d like.
Add your favorite nacho toppings. A drizzle of blue cheese or ranch dressing would be great. Or even a little sour cream and shredded lettuce would be delicious too.
Quick video on how to make these nachos and other sheet pan nachos all on one pan!
Hope you enjoy these easy Buffalo Chicken Nachos! You might also like this Buffalo Shrimp Grilled Cheese.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 2 cups precooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup buffalo sauce divided
- 1/2 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 12 ounces Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Monterrey jack, Mexican blend, etc.), divided
- Toppings (optional): Sour Cream, Ranch Dressing, Blue Cheese Dressing, Lettuce, Onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl stir together the chicken with 1/2 cup buffalo sauce. Add more sauce as desired.
- Place the tortilla chips in an even layer over the baking sheet. Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese on top of the chips.
- Spoon chicken, carrots, celery, and blue cheese on top of chips. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake nachos at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minute or until cheese has melted. Drizzle some of the remaining buffalo sauce on top of desired.
- Serve nachos with your favorite toppings as suggested.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)