Shrimp Nachos, simple oven-baked nachos with shrimp, pineapple, and Caribbean seasoning. Easy to make and the ultimate nachos for the Super Bowl and parties!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
We are big shrimp fans here at our house! These Shrimp Nachos with a little tropical flare are perfect for a fun snack for parties such as the Super Bowl, or an easy dinner! Yeah, I know it’s not the healthiest of dinners, but so fun for special occasions.
These are not your traditional nachos, but delicious!! You know I’m always for crazy flavors and combos, so these tropical Shrimp Nachos are no different.
How to Make Shrimp Nachos
(For the full printable recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
To get started on these Shrimp Nachos, preheat your oven to 350 degree F. You can bake these nachos at a higher temp, or broil, but the chips will burn a lot faster, so be sure to watch the nachos more while baking if you choose to do that.
Get a large baking sheet (I like one with sides…) and line with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or even a silicone mat. This will make it easy to slide the nachos off the hot pan for serving.
Spread out the tortilla chips in a nice even layer on your pan. Top with about half to three-fourths of the cheese.
For the cheese, we used a combination of white cheddar and Monterrey Jack that we shredded ourselves. You can use any kind of cheese you like or even buy preshredded cheese, but cheese you shred yourself from a block of cheese generally melts much better. Perfect for nachos!
Mix together some precooked chopped shrimp, chopped fresh pineapple, minced jalapeno, and Caribbean seasoning. You could use (drained) canned pineapple or even defrosted frozen pineapple, but fresh is so much better if you can.
Any Caribbean seasoning will work, but you may want to add just a little bit at a time. Some can be quite spicy, or you may also need more than I suggest in the recipe. Every brand is so different!
Spoon the shrimp mixture over the chips and cheese. Then top with more shredded cheese. The cheese on top helps keep the shrimp in place on the nachos.
You can add your favorite other toppings as well such as chopped bell pepper or onion.
The ingredient quantities in the recipe card below are approximate. Please use your best judgment and personal preference when building these nachos.
Place the nachos in the middle of your oven. Bake for about 5-10 minutes.
Make sure the cheese is completely melted and the tortilla chips are warm and toasty.
You can slide the parchment paper, silicone mat, or aluminum foil right off the pan and onto a serving platter, cutting board, or even right to the table.
Add your favorite other nacho toppings such as sour cream and pickled jalapenos. Serve with some lime wedges too.
Quick video on how to make these nachos and other sheet pan nachos all on one pan!
Hope you enjoy these fun Shrimp Nachos! Might want to check out these easy Honey Walnut Popcorn Shrimp for another great snack.
- 1 pound shrimp precooked & chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Caribbean seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 (10 - 12 ounce) bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Monterrey jack, Mexican blend, etc.), divided
- Toppings (optional): Fresh Chopped Cilantro, Lime Wedges, Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together shrimp, Caribbean seasoning, pineapple, and jalapeno until combined.
- Place the tortilla chips in an even layer over the baking sheet. Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle shrimp mixture over chips. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake nachos at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minute or until cheese has melted.
- Serve nachos with your favorite toppings as suggested.