Loaded Nachos, easy homemade nachos baked in an oven and loaded with taco ground beef, peppers, onions, and a variety of toppings! Simple to make and the best for Super Bowl parties, game day parties, and just for dinner!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Need to feed a crowd with some traditional type nachos? These Loaded Nachos are for you! These sheet pan nachos make a lot of nachos so perfect for Super Bowl parties, game day parties, or other events.
These Loaded Nachos are full of taco meat, peppers, onions, and all your favorite nacho toppings. The more toppings the better, right?
How to Make Loaded Nachos
(For the full printable recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. You can bake these sheet pan nachos at a higher temperature or could even broil them, BUT keep in mind the chips can burn quickly so keep an eye on the nachos while baking.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Lining the pan will make it easier when the nachos are done to slide them right off the hot pan.
Spread the tortilla chips out over the pan in a nice even layer. Then top the chips with about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese.
We bought a block of Monterrey Jack cheese and white cheddar cheese and shredded it ourselves. You can, however, use any variety of cheese you’d like or buy the preshredded cheese. Cheese you grate or shred yourself tends to melt better and smoother so perfect for nachos!
Meanwhile, cook some ground beef, onions, and peppers in a large nonstick skillet. Drain off any excess fat then stir in the taco seasoning. You can buy taco seasoning or even use homemade taco seasoning.
Spoon the meat, peppers, and onions on top of the chips and cheese. Sprinkle some of the remaining shredded cheese on top. That top layer of cheese helps keep the toppings in place.
You can add your favorite other toppings too if you’d like!
The ingredient quantities in the recipe card below are approximate. Please use your best judgment and personal preference when building these nachos.
Bake the nachos in the middle of your oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the chips are warm and slightly toasted.
When your nachos are done, slide them off of the hot pan if you’d like onto a serving platter, cutting board, or even right to the table.
Serve with your favorite nacho toppings such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, and sliced olives.
Quick video on how to make these nachos and other sheet pan nachos all on one pan!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (10 - 12 ounce) bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Monterrey jack, Mexican blend, etc.), divided
- Toppings (optional): Lettuce, Tomato, Green Onion, Cilantro, Guacamole, Salsa, Sour Cream, and/or Olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ground beef with onion and bell pepper until beef is cooked through and vegetables are slightly soft. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Place the tortilla chips in an even layer over the baking sheet. Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle ground beef, onions, and peppers over chips. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake nachos at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minute or until cheese has melted.
- Serve nachos with your favorite toppings as suggested.