BBQ Nachos, baked nachos with BBQ pulled pork and homemade pickled onions. Loaded with cheese, these nachos are perfect for parties and the Super Bowl!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Are you a BBQ fan? You’ll love these BBQ Nachos with pulled pork! Great way to use up some leftover pulled pork you may have around. You can also use chicken instead.
Super Bowl parties are this weekend, are you ready? These are the perfect Super Bowl Nachos!
How to Make BBQ Nachos
(For the full printable recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
To start on these BBQ Nachos, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. You could use a higher temperature, or even broil these nachos, but the chips could burn a lot quicker so you’ll have to watch them a bit more.
Next, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. You could use a silicone mat as well.
Layer some of your favorite tortilla chips in a nice large even layer on top of the pan.
Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the cheese on top of the chips.
We shredded the cheese ourselves and used a combination of white cheddar and Monterrey Jack. You can buy preshredded cheese, but if you shred it yourself it tends to melt better which is perfect for nachos.
Spoon some of the pulled pork that has been mixed with BBQ sauce on top of the chips and cheese.
Also, top with some onions (check out my pickled onion recipe). We keep a big jar in our fridge at most times, but if you don’t have any or don’t want to make them (but seriously give them a try…), pickled jalapenos from the grocery store would be great too.
You can add your other favorite toppings. Black beans and/or corn would also be great additions!
Sprinkle a little more cheese on top of everything. The top layer of cheese helps keep everything together!
The quantities in the recipe card below are approximate. Please use your best judgment and personal preference when building these nachos.
Bake the nachos for about 5-10 minutes in the middle of your oven. Be sure the cheese is fully melted and the chips are warm before removing from the oven.
If you lined the pan, you should be able to slide the nachos right off the pan and place on a serving platter, a large cutting board, or just right on the table if you’re hungry. haha!
Top these BBQ Nachos with your favorite nacho toppings. We like to drizzle a little BBQ sauce on top as well as green onion.
Cilantro and sour cream would also be great!
Be sure to serve these nachos right away. The longer they sit, the more soggy they will get.
Quick video on how to make these nachos and other sheet pan nachos all on one pan!
- 2 cups precooked pulled pork
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce divided
- 1 cup pickled onions quartered or chopped
- 1 (10 - 12 ounce) bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Monterrey jack, Mexican blend, etc.), divided
- Toppings (optional): Green Onion, Sour Cream, Cilantro, Pickled Jalapenos, Black Beans, Corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl stir together the pulled pork and 1 cup of BBQ sauce. Add more sauce as desired.
- Place the tortilla chips in an even layer over the baking sheet. Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese on top of the chips.
- Spoon pork and pickled onions on top of chips. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake nachos at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minute or until cheese has melted. Drizzle some of the remaining BBQ sauce on top.
- Serve nachos with your favorite toppings as suggested.