Tres Leches Caketini cocktail for Friday! After the day I had yesterday (including crashing my blog), I thought a cocktail recipe was in order, don’t you think? And since tomorrow is my birthday, I thought a “caketini” was the perfect way to celebrate both my birthday and the weekend! Today’s cocktail is a Tres Leches Caketini inspired by the Tres Leches Cake which is a cake that has been soaked with three types of milk/cream. Some of my Snappy Gourmet Facebook friends have been asking for a new cocktail so I hope you enjoy it! And if you do enjoy it, let me know by leaving me a comment below! Would love to hear from you!
This recipe is super easy and tastes like cake thanks to a little bit of packaged cake mix. I used a vanilla/yellow cake mix but you could even substitute a chocolate or caramel cake mix. I also used heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk, but you could probably use any kind of dairy products you have depending on what you like or how lowfat or how decadent you want this to be. BUT please note, that the taste of the cocktail will vary a lot depending on how you change the ingredients. I drizzled a little homemade Cajeta down the side of the glass, but you could use caramel or even chocolate sauce. I just put some drops of the Cajeta around the rim of the glass and let it drip down the side.
Looking for more cocktail or drink recipes? Check out some of my others or visit my Recipe Index…
- Adult Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Banana Puddintini
- Better Than Sex Caketini
- Chocolate Caramel Martini
- Cookies ‘n Creamtini
- Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Eggnog
- Frozen Watermelon Citrus Daiquiri
- Go Blue-tini
- Minty Raspberry-Lemonade Cocktail
- Mississippi Mudtini
- Orange Creamsicletini
- Peppermint Brownietini
- Pumpkin Cheesecaketini
- Strawberry Pretzel Whiptini
- Turtle Caketini
- Vanilla Caramel Cream Cocktail
- Watermelon Poptini
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Tres Leches Caketini|| || |
- 4 tablespoons Pinnacle Cake flavored vodka
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (or milk/half&half)
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla/yellow packaged cake mix
- cajeta (or caramel or dulche de leche)
- whipped cream
- Mix vodka, cream, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and cake mix in shaker with ice. Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle cajeta in glass. Strain drink into glass and top with whipped cream.
A few other Tres Leches recipes from other sites that I thought you might enjoy:
- Coconut Lime Tres Leches Cake – Nestle Kitchens
- Tres Leches Cake – A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- Tres Leches Peanut Butter Ice Cream – What’s Cooking, Mexico
- Tres Leches Bombe Alaska – One Bite More