Although most people think of Eggnog around the winter holidays and Christmas, why should Santa have all the fun? The Easter Bunny will soon be visiting and I think chocolate eggnog would be just perfect to help celebrate! I used dark chocolate and cinnamon but you could easily substitute other varieties of chocolate. This drink takes only minutes to prepare and you can store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
And don’t forget to leave some Cake Batter Truffles for the Easter Bunny! They go perfectly with this eggnog!
Be sure to whisk the eggs, milk, etc. well over the heat so that the eggs don’t curdle.
When the mixture just begins to boil, remove from heat and pour into a bowl over an ice bath, then add the other ingredients.
You can serve right away or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon if you want.
|Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Easter Eggnog||
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup chocolate liqueur (such as Godiva Original Liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Garnish (optional): whipped cream & cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together egg yolks, milk, sugar, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. When mixture is well combined and just starts to boil and bubble, remove from heat.
- Pour mixture in a bowl over an ice bath and whisk for several minutes until cool. Whisk in cream, liqueur, and vanilla. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: If you don’t like dark chocolate you could use original unsweetened cocoa powder, and substitute your favorite chopped chocolate for the chopped dark chocolate. You can also substitute any liqueur for the chocolate liqueur.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]