Mother’s Day Brunch recipes, 19 easy Mother’s Day Brunch recipes including some of the best doughnuts, waffles, pancakes, muffins, pancakes, fruit salad, and more! Make mom the best brunch ever this Mother’s Day with some of these simple homemade brunch ideas! Happy Mother’s Day!
Just in time for Mother’s Day, these easy Mother’s Day brunch recipes are perfect for mom! The best list of Mother’s Day brunch ideas including both savory and sweet ideas. Plus, a little information on the background of Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Background:
Although many may think Mother’s Day has become over commercialized, it’s still great to celebrate all those moms out there right?
Are you familiar with how Mother’s Day started? I did a little research for you (and for me)!
Moms and motherhood have been celebrated around the world for thousands of years. However, the modern day Mother’s Day in the United States originated in the early 1900’s.
Anna Jarvis started a campaign to make Mother’s Day a holiday in the United States in 1905, the year her mother passed away. In 1908, Congress denied the request to make Mother’s Day an official holiday.
By 1911, all states celebrated the holiday, and in 1914, President Woodrow Wilson, signed a proclamation that Mother’s Day would be held each year on the second Sunday in May to honor mothers.
When is Mother’s Day:
Mother’s Day varies around the world. In the United States, Mother’s Day is always celebrated the second Sunday of May. In other parts of the world it’s typically celebrated in March or May but varies country-by-country.
Mother’s Day brunch has become quite popular over the years! Treating mom to breakfast or brunch is never a bad thing, right? I’ve compiled a list of 19 of the best brunch recipes, including some of my own and some from others.
If cooking and a DIY Mother’s Day brunch is not for you, look for a brunch nearby at local restaurants and hotels.
Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes:
Here you go! 19 of the best Mother’s Day Brunch ideas!
1. Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Snappy Gourmet) – Easy banana bread loaded with chocolate chips. This banana bread is almost cake like and a great treat for mom!
2. Creamy Fruit Salad (Tastes Better From Scratch) – An easy fruit salad with pineapple, apple, grapes, and oranges tossed with Greek yogurt as well as coconut and marshmallows. Leave the marshmallows out for a healthier version. So simple!
3. Belgian Liege Waffles (Snappy Gourmet) – If you’ve never made homemade Belgian Liege Waffles, you are in for a treat. Pearl sugar is the secret ingredient that makes these waffles crispy and way better than ordinary waffles.
4. Light & Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes (Saving Room For Dessert) – A step up from ordinary everyday pancakes, these light and fluffy pancakes have ricotta cheese and a slight citrus taste.
5. Sausage & Mushroom Dutch Baby (Food Network) – Impress mom with this one pan savory pancake topped with sausage, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese.
6. Blueberry Muffin Tops & Cheesecake Drizzle (Snappy Gourmet) – Forget ordinary muffins, give these easy muffin tops a try. Drizzled with a sweetened cream cheese, these are a lot easier than they look to make.
7. Nana’s Blueberry Muffins (Paula Deen) – Nothing says breakfast or brunch, like classic muffins such as these delicious Blueberry Muffins. Easy enough for the kids to make too which is always a bonus. Add a little orange zest to kick these up a notch.
8. Mozzarella, Basil, & Zucchini Fritatta (EatingWell) – This hearty low carb savory egg dish, is a great addition to all the other brunch ideas. Use your favorite meat, cheese, and/or vegetables.
9. Breakfast Empanadas with Smoky Cheese Dip (Snappy Gourmet) – Stuff these empanadas with your favorite breakfast filling like sausage, ham, cheese, and/or vegetables. The Smoky Cheese Dip is a perfect addition for dipping! Fun!
10. Yogurt Parfaits with Pickled Strawberries (Renee’s Kitchen Adventures) – Greek yogurt, granola, and easy homemade pickled strawberries make up these fun breakfast parfaits.
11. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscuits and Homemade Strawberry Butter (Snappy Gourmet) – Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! These cute heart-shaped biscuits will show mom you love her. The homemade Strawberry Butter is a snap to make.
12. Raspberries & Cream Doughnuts (Domestic Batch) – Wow! Check out these homemade yeast doughnuts filled with raspberries and whipped cream. A show stopper for sure!
13. Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls (Snappy Gourmet) – Does Mom like coffee? A little coffee in these Coffee Caramel Rolls give a hint of a coffee taste without overpowering. Loaded with caramel and pecans, even the kids will love them!
14. Lime & Coconut Scones (Sugar Salt Magic) –
15. French Canadian Crepes (Snappy Gourmet) – These are unlike the typical crepes you see at French restaurants. These breakfast crepes are crispy around the edges. Serve with some warm maple syrup and your favorite fruit.
16. French Canadian Crepes (Snappy Gourmet) – A fun twist on traditional French Toast! This savory French Toast is stuffed with mushrooms, herbs, Swiss cheese, and cream cheese. Delicious!
17. Mexican Cornbread Strata (Snappy Gourmet) – Assemble this strata the night before so you can just pop in the oven in the morning. You can easily add your favorite meat, cheese, and vegetables in this recipe.
18. Mini Ham & Cheese Quiches (Mel’s Kitchen) – Nothing says brunch, like classic quiche! Give this mini version a try with ham, cheese, and an easy homemade crust.
19. Pull Apart Monkey Bread (Snappy Gourmet) – So easy even the kids could make! Start with refrigerated biscuit dough and make a quick cinnamon sugar mixture to pour over the bread. Easy for a fun Mother’s Day brunch idea!
Happy Mother’s Day!