This Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls Recipe post is sponsored by Single Edition Media on behalf of KitchenAid. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands I love so I can continue to bring you more great recipes!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls, a fabulous breakfast recipe for delicious sticky buns! Yum! These rolls are infused with coffee for a little twist. Whatever you want to call these, pecan rolls, sticky buns, caramel rolls, nut rolls, or whatever else, they are delicious! The perfect Christmas, holiday, or weekend special breakfast and the perfect addition to your holiday recipes.
My husband and I make a great pair. He LOVES coffee, and I love baking and cooking with it. These Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls were inspired by KitchenAid‘s new craft coffee brewers. I love making caramel pecan rolls for Christmas morning or special breakfasts.
I almost always make some kind of cinnamon roll or caramel pecan roll recipe each Christmas morning. They’re always a crowd please, but I’m always looking for a new twist or quick way to make them a little different. Adding a little coffee to both the caramel sauce and dough was perfect! It adds a nice subtle coffee flavor without overpowering. Consider it your “secret” ingredient.
You do need a few hours for the rolls to finish because of the rise time. However, if you’d like to make them ahead. You could either make them completely ahead and reheat in the pan in the oven before serving. Or you could also let the dough do the second rising in the refrigerator overnight. If you’re going to do that thought, I’d suggest testing it out ahead of time if you’ve never let dough rise in the refrigerator and not try it the night before you’re having a lot of guests over.
Very detailed directions on how to make these fabulous Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls are below so I don’t bore you with all the details again. Be sure you follow the directions and ingredients exactly. Any substitutions or changes could result in problems.
For the perfect coffee to use in these Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls and to serve alongside, be sure to check out KitchenAid‘s new craft coffee brewers. Many to choose from. I’ve been eyeing the Pour Over and Burr Grinder which would be perfect for this recipe. Great for some coffee infused holiday baking inspiration and fabulous craft coffee.
Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (2 1/4 oz) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (about 100-110 degrees F)
- 2/3 cups prepared strong black coffee
- 5 1/4 cups all purpose flour divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon prepared strong coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Sugar Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- To prepare dough, mix yeast into warm water in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 4 1/2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of salt. Turn dough out onto floured work surface. Knead adding more flour as needed until dough is smooth and elastic (about 5-10 minutes). Place dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray or vegetable oil, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm draft free area for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan, set aside.
- Place brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, corn syrup, 1 tablespoon coffee, and salt in a microwave safe bowl, cover slightly and microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each, until smooth. Pour caramel into bottom of prepared baking pan. Sprinkle pecans on top of caramel. Set aside.
- Make sugar cinnamon mixture by stirring together 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 1/4 teaspoons of cinnamon in small bowl until well combined.
- Roll dough out on a floured work surface into a long rectangle about 16x12-inches. Spread 3 tablespoons of softened butter over dough. Sprinkle sugar cinnamon mixture on top leaving about a 1/2 inch border around edges. Roll up rectangle tightly starting with long side. Pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices (about 1 inch wide). Place slices, cut side up, in prepared pan. Cover, and let rise about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake rolls about 20 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cook a few minutes then place a serving platter upside down on top of pan, then flip over and invert onto platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SNAPPY TIPS: If you like a lot of caramel sauce on your rolls, double the caramel ingredients before adding to pan.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of pecans, you could substitute walnuts or omit the nuts.
Other recipes with coffee you may enjoy:
- Homemade Oreos with Mocha Cream Filling – Mocha Makes
- Gingerbread Coffee Baked Donuts – Country Cleaver