Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, the best homemade Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! How to make the most moist banana bread in one bowl that results in an almost cake like quick bread. Plus a quick video to show you how to make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Can’t believe I haven’t posted a banana bread recipe before, like today’s Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe! I did have a recipe for Banana Bread Doughnut Twists awhile back, but my family loves banana bread. So much in fact, I had a hard time getting pictures of this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. For those of you looking for a low carb banana bread, I have an Almond Flour Banana Bread recipe coming soon!
This delicious and tasty homemade banana bread can be made in one bowl! Yes, a one bowl banana bread! Doesn’t get easier than that right? You know I like easy, so an Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, is my kind of thing. One bowl, means you can have this quick banana bread with less clean up!
This recipe is a little different, and results in a moist chocolate chip banana bread that’s almost cake like. Don’t worry though, it still tastes like banana bread! It’s not healthy by any means, but it’s delicious.
I know not everyone likes bananas, so for those people, may I recommend this delicious Cannoli Bread instead.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
So this recipe is a slightly different from most banana bread recipes.
Generally when making banana bread, you mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl. A lot of recipes also use vegetable oil. This recipe is a little different.
I thought I’d change-up the classic banana bread recipe a bit and used butter instead of oil. Instead of melting the butter, I creamed softened butter with brown sugar. I also used all brown sugar, and no granulated sugar.
Instead of using multiple bowls, I also turned this into a one-bowl banana bread. Worked great!
So get started on this Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread first be sure to preheat your oven. Butter and flour a bread pan if your pan is not nonstick so that it will easily come out and not break apart. You could spray your pan instead with a nonstick spray that has flour.
My pan was a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch bread pan. Be careful because they can be different sizes so can affect results and your baking time.
Be sure you have all your ingredients ready. Your bananas should be very ripe. If they’re not ripe and taste horrible, than your banana bread will also taste horrible. haha! Mash the bananas with the back of a fork or a masher. For this banana bread recipe I used 3 bananas. However, depending on the size of your bananas, you may need one or two more.
Start by creaming together the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. You could also use banana extract and/or almond extract. Both would be delicious.
Next, beat in the salt and baking powder until well blended. Beat in the flour just a little. Then finish off the banana bread by folding in the mashed banana and mini chocolate chips.
Quick Banana Bread Tips:
Just some quick tips to make sure you get the best chocolate chip banana bread results!
- PAN. Banana bread takes awhile to bake. It also can depend on the size and material of your pan. Some pans cook faster than others so keep an eye on it. It should take about 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees to bake, but again, be sure to check on it every now and then.
- DONENESS. The banana bread should be golden brown all around. I’d also suggest checking the center of the banana bread with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, it’s done. If the toothpick comes out wet from the bread batter, cook a little longer.
- BAKING. I also recommend baking the banana bread in the middle of the oven just to make sure the bottom or top doesn’t get too browned before the middle sets and cooks through.
Banana Bread is kind of a personal thing. Some people like banana bread plain, some like it with nuts, and some like me, like banana bread with chocolate chips.
You could easily add some mix-ins to this bread like toffee chips, coconut, or nuts (chopped walnuts or pecans would be great).
A dash of your favorite spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, etc. would also be great in this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
If you’ve never made homemade banana bread, give it a try! So easy to make at home and so much better than anything you will buy at the store. I love it fresh right out of the oven when the outside is still a little crispy and warm!
Like I said I enjoy this banana bread warm right out of the oven but it’s also great for a few days after. Store in an airtight container. You can always warm slices back up in the oven or toaster oven. Great topped with ice cream too but you didn’t hear me say that. haha!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Video:
Quick video to see how simple this Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread comes together…
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 1 pound (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch) loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is well combined and light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the baking powder and salt to bowl and continue to beat until well combined. Add the flour to the bowl and beat until just about combined. Then fold in banana and chocolate chips.
- Spoon banana bread batter into prepared pan and spread the top with a spoon or knife so that batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake banana bread at 350 degrees F in the middle of your oven for about 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.