Easy Ooey Gooey Pull Apart Monkey Bread Recipe perfect Thanksgiving, Christmas, holiday, or just because breakfast or brunch!
Mmmmm…Pull Apart Monkey Bread Recipe for you today! Easy-Peasy-Ooey-Gooey Pull Apart Monkey Bread is the perfect Thanksgiving, Christmas, holiday or just because breakfast or brunch recipe!
I fell in love with monkey bread years ago and even after all these years I still LOVE it and all the ooey-gooey caramel like edges and cinnamon! It’s the best special breakfast for the holidays or special occasion. And did I mention it’s really easy to make? Only 5 ingredients!!!
You can make your own dough but I like to use Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers biscuits. Most monkey bread recipes have you cut the dough, ball it up, and bake it in a bundt or tube pan. For something different, I decided to make it this time into “slices” in a bread loaf pan. Worked out great!
To start, I used two tubes of Pillsbury biscuits but if that’s too much for you, you could easily cut this recipe in half. Separate each biscuit into 2 for a total of 32 biscuit rounds. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on both sides of the biscuits then line the biscuits up in 2 lightly buttered or greased bread pans.
Place the sauce ingredients in a bowl and microwave and until warm and pourable consistency. Pour over the biscuits and in between the biscuit slices. Bake for about 40-60 minutes. Check it every so often and if it starts to brown you can loosely cover with aluminum foil. Be sure to make sure the center is cooked when you remove it from the oven.
Gently pull apart a middle layer with a knife and check to see if the middle is done. When done, take it out of the oven, cool slightly, then flip the monkey bread over on a serving plate. And there you go! The best easy-peasy-ooey-gooey pull apart Monkey Bread recipe!
This Pull Apart Monkey Bread is perfect with some fruit, eggs, and bacon! And when you make it, invite me over. :)
Hope you enjoy!
You might also like these Banana-Bacon Cinnamon Roll Roses!
Easy Pull Apart Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter or grease two bread pans and set aside.
- Separate each biscuit into 2, for a total of 32 rounds. Place on work surface. Mix together granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in small bowl then sprinkle on both sides of biscuits. Press lightly for cinnamon sugar to adhere to dough.
- Place half of dough rounds upright into one prepared bread pan. Repeat with remaining dough and pan.
- Place brown sugar, butter, and remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in small bowl and cover. Microwave for 30 second intervals until butter has melted. Stir to combine. Pour over biscuits and in between layers.
- Bake bread for 40 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. Check every 15 minutes and cover with aluminum foil if top starts to brown too quickly. Check to make sure center is cooked through. When done, cool slightly then use knife to loosen bread around edges of pan and flip over onto serving plate.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)
More breakfast/brunch recipes I thought you’d enjoy…