Italian Thanksgiving, 27+ Italian inspired recipes for the perfect Thanksgiving menu. Some of these recipes are authentic Italian, and some are more traditional American recipes with Italian flavors. A full range of recipes including drinks, appetizers, bread and rolls, main dishes and pasta, side dishes, and desserts. Happy Thanksgiving!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Growing up in an Italian-American family Thanksgiving was sometimes more American and sometimes more Italian, or a combination of both. I asked some of my food blogging friends for some of their favorite Italian inspired Thanksgiving dishes and boy did they deliver!
Of course, you could call up your favorite Italian restaurant and get take-out. However, it’s Thanksgiving, so give some of these easy Italian and Italian American Thanksgiving dishes a try to come up with a delicious Thanksgiving menu for your holiday dinner.
I’ve included various drinks, appetizers, bread and rolls, main dishes and pasta, side dishes, and desserts. Pick your favorites!
Italian Inspired Thanksgiving Menu
- Cranberry Limoncello Spritzer (Snappy Gourmet) – This refreshing lemon cocktail is perfect to go with a heavy meal.
- The Italian American (Little Sugar Snaps) – An easy bourbon, Campari, and amaro cocktail that would be perfect for a Thanksgiving meal.
- Sundried Tomato & Basil Spread (Snappy Gourmet) – Only 5 ingredients in this simple spread including cream cheese, Italian shredded cheese, sundried tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Serve with vegetables, crostini, or crackers.
- Chicken Parmesan Sausage Bites (Snappy Gourmet) – A quick low carb appetizer with only 4 ingredients including chicken sausage, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella balls, and fresh basil leaves.
- Fennel Au Gratin with Ricotta Forte Mousse (A Taste for Travel) – If you’re looking for more of a gourmet plated appetizer, this gorgeous Fennel Au Gratin is perfect for you. Fresh fennel is topped with almonds and baked and served with a delicious ricotta mousse.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Prunes (G-Free Foodie) – Only 4 ingredients in this simple appetizer including dried prunes, Parmesan cheese, pecans, and prosciutto. Easy!
- The Best Italian Green Salad with Homemade Dressing (Cooking with Mamma C) – A light Italian salad and a great way to start your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 5 Ingredient Ricotta Cheese Balls (Carve Your Craving) – These little cheese balls are ready in less than 30 minutes and only 5 ingredients. So quick and easy!
- Italian Parmesan Rolls (Snappy Gourmet) – Simple dinner rolls made from scratch in an hour. These soft and fluffy rolls are a family favorite.
- Italian Beer Bread (Snappy Gourmet) – Full of Italian seasoning, this beer bread is perfect for something a little different at a holiday meal.
- Mashed Potato Focaccia (Snappy Gourmet) – Perfect for Thanksgiving with premade mashed potatoes, or make the bread the day after Thanksgiving with leftover mashed potatoes.
- Ricotta Mashed Potatoes (Snappy Gourmet) – You won’t believe how easy these mashed potatoes are to make in your microwave in minutes. Yes, your microwave!
- Italian Green Beans (Snappy Gourmet) – If oven space is tight, these green beans are perfect because you make them in a skillet on your stovetop.
- Chestnut Stuffing (She Loves Biscotti) – A delicious homemade stuffing with sweet Italian sausage, fennel, and chestnuts.
- Garlicky Broccoli Rabe (Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen) – Another green vegetable option for Thanksgiving! You just need broccoli rabe, olive oil, garlic, and a little salt and red pepper flakes for this vegetable side dish.
- Layered Italian Baked Mac and Cheese (Vikalinka) – This yummy looking mac and cheese could make a great side or main dish for an Italian inspired Thanksgiving. It combines creamy macaroni and cheese with a rich Italian Bolognese sauce.
- Mushroom Risotto (Savory with Soul) – A great side dish or even main dish that you could make vegetarian.
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Pecorino (Pina Bresciani) – A warm Brussels sprouts salad with shredded Brussels sprouts, pancetta, and pecorino.
- Italian Style Turkey (What a Girl Eats) – Italian flavors are perfect on this easy roasted turkey.
- Classic Lasagna (This Wife Cooks) – What’s an American Italian holiday without lasagna? This classic pasta dish is a great way to feed a crowd or a hungry family. This Italian pasta dish for Thanksgiving is a must.
- Cheese Manicotti (Entertaining with Beth) – Similar to lasagna and another classic Italian pasta dish that is great for any Italian holiday meal.
- Fettuccine Alfredo (Snappy Gourmet) – This decadent pasta dish is great as a main dish or side. The homemade Alfredo sauce is the best and ready in like 15 minutes.
- Pumpkin Cannoli (Snappy Gourmet) – A delicious homemade pumpkin cannoli filling for store-bought cannoli shells. Or make your own shells.
- Cannoli Pie (Snappy Gourmet) – Since Thanksgiving is all about the pies, try this simple Italian-inspired pie with all the delicious flavors of cannoli including ricotta, cinnamon, orange, and chocolate.
- Italian Style Pumpkin Cheesecake (Seasoned Sprinkles) – A delicious cheesecake with Italian mascarpone cheese.
- Pumpkin Cannoli Dip (Snappy Gourmet) – An easy dessert dip that is great with fruit, graham crackers, Cannoli Chips, or even cookies. You can serve it all in one bowl or serve in little cups like these Mini Cannoli Dip Cups.
- Italian Apple Pie (Marcellina in Cucina) – This gorgeous Italian inspired apple pie with a no-fail pastry crust is sure to be a family favorite.
- Classic Panna Cotta (Taco and Tiramisu) – A classic Italian dessert. Would be delicious with a fall-themed sauce like a cranberry dessert sauce.
Happy Thanksgiving! Tell me about your favorite Thanksgiving dishes in the comments below.