Ricotta Herb Mashed Potatoes, a quick and easy mashed potato recipe that is ready in less than 15 minutes!
This post is sponsored by Side Delights®. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands I love so I can keep bringing you more fabulous recipes! (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
If I hadn’t seen with my very own eyes that these Ricotta Herb Mashed Potatoes were ready in less than 15 minutes, with little prep, no pots and pans, and little cleanup, I’m not sure I would have believed it! Thanks to Side Delights Steamables, these mashed potatoes really are QUICK and EASY! They are quick enough for a busy weeknight meal AND gourmet enough for a holiday or Thanksgiving dinner!
If you haven’t checked out Side Delights Steamables, give them a try next time you’re at the grocery store. My family is now hooked on them! The potatoes are all triple-washed so you don’t even have to scrub them, yay! You just stick the bag of potatoes in the microwave and in 8-9 minutes they are perfectly steamed.
Side Delights Steamables come in 8 varieties:
- Red Potatoes
- Golden Potatoes
- White Potatoes
- Russet Potatoes
- Purple Potatoes
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Medley Potatoes
I used the Golden Potatoes for these Ricotta Herb Mashed Potatoes, but I bet some of the other varieties such as the Red Potatoes would also work great!
To get started on these mashed potatoes, place your Side Delights Steamables front side down in your microwave. Don’t open or pierce the bag. Microwave the potatoes on high for about 8-9 minutes.
While the potatoes are in the microwave, stir together all the other ingredients including the ricotta cheese, butter, cream, parmesan cheese, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined. Don’t worry if it’s a little lumpy.
When the potatoes are done, cut open the bag and pour the potatoes right on top of the cheese mixture.
Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes and cheese mixture together. We like our mashed potatoes a little chunky, but keep mashing if you like yours a little more smooth. If you have small kids this is the perfect step for them to do!
Use a spoon or spatula to stir occasional then keep on mashing until it all comes together. It should only take a few minutes. If you don’t have a potato masher you could also use a fork but it may take a little longer.
That’s it! Homemade mashed potatoes ready in less than 15 minutes! It’s probably more like 10 minutes, but if your kids get carried away with the mashing it may be closer to 15 minutes.
You can substitute your favorite spices and herbs for the dried Italian herb seasoning and garlic powder. Fresh herbs would also work really well!
Steamables potatoes can also be removed from their bag and cooked in any conventional method such as boiling, roasting, baking, or slow-cooker.
These Ricotta Herb Mashed Potatoes have been on our weeknight menu every week for the last 4 weeks. Hope you enjoy them too!
Ricotta Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 (1.5 lbs) package Side Delights Steamables Golden Potatoes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat the Side Delights Steamables Golden Potatoes in the microwave per package directions.
- While potatoes are steaming mix together cream, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, butter, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in large mixing bowl until well combined.
- When potatoes are done steaming, cut open bag and pour potatoes over ricotta cheese mixture. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
SNAPPY TIPS: Be sure to mash the potatoes while still hot. If they are too cool they won't mash as well.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Use your favorite seasoning and herbs instead of Italian herbs and garlic powder if desired. Side Delights Red Potatoes may be substituted for the Golden Potatoes.
Other potato recipes you may enjoy:
- Smashed Potatoes with Dill Sour Cream Topping – Poet in the Pantry
- Smoky Chipotle Garlic Mashed Potatoes – Boulder Locavore
- Crispy Curried Smashed Potatoes – Hungry Couple NYC
- Gouda Smashed Potatoes – A Cedar Spoon
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes – The Tomato Tart
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes – The Hungry Traveler