(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Blue Cheese, Bacon, & Onion Spread, an easy spread and dip recipe. Ready for the Super Bowl? It’s all about the FOOD isn’t it?? :) Lots of great recipes all over the internet for fun food for the big day. If you need a few ideas, I have an appetizer/snack board on Pinterest with lots of great ideas for you. I also put pictures of all my recipes on Pinterest so you can easily see all my recipes for quick reference and pinning!
This week I have 4 simple appetizer spread recipes. They all have 5 ingredients (plus salt/pepper to taste) and are very easy to make, go great together, and perfect for any party!
Here are a more suggestions from my Recipe Index that you may enjoy for your Super Bowl Menu…
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Shrimp Bread Bowl Dip
- Caribbean Shrimp Sliders with Mango Slaw
- Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Crostini
- Crunchy Chicken Stuffed Waffle Pops & Maple Dijon Dip
- Mini Pretzel Rolls with Bacon Cheddar Butter Spread
- Mini Tarragon Lemon Shrimp Paninis
- Ranch Chicken Club Salad Sliders
- Spicy Sausage & Beer Cheese Dip (Slow Cooker)
- Sweet Heat Mango Chicken Sliders
- Sweet & Spicy Root Beer BBQ Pork
Today’s spread has cream cheese, bacon, onion, blue cheese, garlic, and salt/pepper to taste. I cooked the garlic, onion, and bacon all in the same pan, then let it cool. I put everything in a food processor and processed until just combined, but you can mix by hand. Super easy!! Serve with crackers, vegetables, baguette slices, etc. Since I was making 4 spreads at the same time, I garnished the top so I could easily tell which spread was which!! Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
Blue Cheese, Bacon, & Onion Spread
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Serving suggestions: vegetables, crackers, toasted baguette slices, pretzels, etc.
- Place bacon, onion, and garlic in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until bacon is crispy and onion is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon, onion, and garlic until well combined (or place in a food processor and process several times until just combined). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SNAPPY TIPS: Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature to make it easy to combine. Instead of mixing by hand, you can also place the ingredients in a food processor and process until just combined.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can use light/lowfat cream cheese or blue cheese and reduced fat or turkey bacon.
A few other similar recipes from other sites that I thought you might enjoy:
- Pimento Cheese Spread – Cooking Weekends
- Shrimp & Sherry Cheese Spread – The Galley Gourmet
- Butternut Goat Cheese Walnut Spread – Big Flavors