(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Caribbean Shrimp Spread recipe for my Day 3 of my quick and easy spreads! One more spread tomorrow then I’m moving on to Valentine’s Day! Today’s Caribbean Shrimp Spread also has 5 ingredients like my previous two spread recipes, Rosemary, Lemon, & Feta Spread and Blue Cheese, Bacon, & Onion Spread. Great appetizer and stores well in the fridge for a few days. Serve with an assortment of veggies, crackers, baguette slices, or whatever you like!
Only 5 ingredients in my Caribbean Shrimp Spread – shrimp, cream cheese, Smucker’s Mango Jam, garlic, and McCormick’s Caribbean Jerk seasoning. The spread is great as-is, but if you want to add a little more to this spread you could add a little lime zest/juice, fresh cilantro, minced jalapeno, and/or minced red onion.
I put everything in a food processor and pulsed a few times to combine and chop the shrimp but you can mix everything by hand. Just be sure to finely chop the shrimp and make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature.
Hope you enjoy!
Caribbean Shrimp Spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup precooked shrimp finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mango jam
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Serving suggestions: vegetables crackers, toasted baguette slices, pretzels, etc.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, shrimp, mango jam, Caribbean seasoning, and garlic until well combined (or place in a food processor and process several times until just combined). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SNAPPY TIPS: Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature to make it easy to combine. Instead of mixing by hand, you can also place the ingredients in a food processor and process until just combined. You can also add other ingredients such as minced jalapeno, chopped fresh cilantro, lime juice/zest, and/or minced red onion if you’re looking to add a little more to the spread.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can use light/lowfat cream cheese. You can substitute crab, chicken, or other proteins for the shrimp.
A few other similar recipes from other sites that I thought you might enjoy:
- Deviled Egg Spread – The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
- Romano & Black Pepper Spread – Life’s Ambrosia
- Beer Cheese Spread – Elizabeth’s Edible Experience