Caribbean Shrimp Spread recipe for my Day 3 of my quick and easy spreads! One more spread tomorrow then I’m moving on to Valentine’s Day! Today’s Caribbean Shrimp Spread also has 5 ingredients like my previous two spread recipes, Rosemary, Lemon, & Feta Spread and Blue Cheese, Bacon, & Onion Spread. Great appetizer and stores well in the fridge for a few days. Serve with an assortment of veggies, crackers, baguette slices, or whatever you like! Don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY before time runs out!
Only 5 ingredients in my Caribbean Shrimp Spread – shrimp, cream cheese, Smucker’s Mango Jam, garlic, and McCormick’s Caribbean Jerk seasoning. The spread is great as-is, but if you want to add a little more to this spread you could add a little lime zest/juice, fresh cilantro, minced jalapeno, and/or minced red onion. I put everything in a food processor and pulsed a few times to combine and chop the shrimp but you can mix everything by hand. Just be sure to finely chop the shrimp and make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. :) So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Caribbean Shrimp Spread|| || |
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup precooked shrimp, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mango jam
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Serving suggestions: vegetables, crackers, toasted baguette slices, pretzels, etc.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, shrimp, mango jam, Caribbean seasoning, and garlic until well combined (or place in a food processor and process several times until just combined). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can use light/lowfat cream cheese. You can substitute crab, chicken, or other proteins for the shrimp.
(For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet at http://www.snappygourmet.com to sign up for an email/RSS subscription or visit Snappy Gourmet on Facebook or Twitter.)
A few other similar recipes from other sites that I thought you might enjoy:
- Deviled Egg Spread – The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
- Romano & Black Pepper Spread – Life’s Ambrosia
- Beer Cheese Spread – Elizabeth’s Edible Experience