Ready for some quick and easy STUFFED STRAWBERRIES this summer?? This recipe for strawberries stuffed with cheesecake is ready in no time! And they’re red, white, and blue making these stuffed strawberries a perfect Fourth of July recipe!! Add a little amaretto or almond extract to the filling and you have a fun treat great for summer parties!
Most recipes for stuffed strawberries have you scoop out the inside of the strawberries which can be time-consuming and a lot of work! Instead, I just cut the strawberries in half and “pipe” the filling right on top of each half.
The filling for these stuffed strawberries is easy to make with not many ingredients. Mix together softened cream cheese (I used Philadelphia regular cream cheese, but you could also use the low fat), sugar, and your choice of vanilla, almond extract, or Amaretto. Spoon the filling mixture into a small ziploc bag, cut off a corner, then “pipe” the filling onto the strawberry halves. You could also use a pastry bag or just spoon the filling on top of the strawberries. Sprinkle some chopped nuts (I used chopped almonds which is also a great gluten-free option), crushed graham cracker crumbs, or crushed cookies on top along with a few blueberries. That’s it!Be sure to store these stuffed strawberries in your refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Just a quick note…these stuffed strawberries are great to make ahead of time BUT the nuts, graham cracker, or cookie crumbs will get soft and soggy the longer you leave the strawberries in the fridge. So don’t leave the strawberries in the fridge too long or sprinkle the crumbs on top before serving if you don’t want the crumbs soggy. Enjoy!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Red, White, & Blue Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries||
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (or 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract)
- 12 large strawberries, cut in half
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds (or graham cracker or cookie crumbs)
- 72 small blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, and Amaretto (or vanilla or almond extract) until well combined.
- Spoon filling into a small ziploc bag, seal bag, and cut off one corner of bag. Pipe filling on top of each strawberry half.
- Sprinkle almonds (or graham cracker/cookie crumbs) on top of filling. Top each strawberry half with 3 small blueberries. Store in refrigerator.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of Amaretto, vanilla or almond extract can be substituted. Instead of chopped nuts, you can use graham cracker or cookie crumbs. Oreo crumbs would be great!
More Red, White, & Blue recipes I thought you would enjoy…