Red, White, & Blue Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, easy 4th of July dessert idea with fresh ingredients including strawberries, blueberries, and cream cheese. This fun homemade no-bake recipe is a great bite-size treat all summer long and can easily be made low carb and gluten-free!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Happy summer! Ready for some quick and easy STUFFED STRAWBERRIES ?? This homemade recipe for strawberries stuffed with cheesecake is ready in no time! And they’re red, white, and blue making these stuffed strawberries a perfect Fourth of July dessert recipe idea!! This Summer Berry Vodka Granita, is another fun red, white, and blue recipe.
Love these homemade stuffed strawberries are bite-size. Makes them perfect for parties and potlucks. They are also easy to change-up with other ingredients so they can be made gluten-free, low carb, or any other special diet.
Most recipes for stuffed strawberries have you scoop out the inside of the strawberries and fill them, which can be time-consuming and a lot of work! Instead, I just cut the strawberries in half and “pipe” the filling right on top of each half.
The filling for these stuffed strawberries is easy to make with not many ingredients and they can easily be changed depending on your particular likes and diet.
I like to use a resealable bag to “stuff” the strawberries but you could definitely use a pastry bag too if you prefer.
How to Make Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, and Amaretto (or vanilla or almond extract) until well combined.
Spoon filling into a small ziploc bag, seal bag, and cut off one corner of bag. Pipe filling on top of each strawberry half.
Sprinkle almonds (or graham cracker/cookie crumbs) on top of filling. Top each strawberry half with 3 small blueberries. Store in refrigerator.
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Use fresh (not frozen) berries and make sure they are good quality and not moldy or old.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature so your filling won’t be lumpy.
- Be sure to store the finished stuffed strawberries in your refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- These stuffed strawberries are great to make ahead of time BUT the nuts, graham cracker, or cookie crumbs will get soft and soggy the longer you leave the strawberries in the fridge. So don’t leave the strawberries in the fridge too long or sprinkle the crumbs on top before serving if you don’t want the crumbs soggy.
Stuffed Strawberries FAQ:
Can I substitute anything for the cream cheese?
You can use a cream cheese substitute (such as a vegan substitute), mascarpone, or other thick cheese.
Can I use lowfat cream cheese?
Yes! But make sure it’s high quality and thick. The filling may not be as thick and creamy so you may need to adjust the ingredients slightly.
I don’t like blueberries, what can I do?
You can omit the blueberries entirely or use something else such as chopped grapes, blue candy, or whatever else you can think of or have around
How do I make this low carb?
For a lower carb option, use less sugar or a low carb sugar substitute. You can also omit the amaretto and use a small amount of vanilla or almond extract. Use chopped nuts on top rather than the graham cracker or cookie crumbs.
How do I make this gluten-free?
The recipe should be gluten-free as is but double check your amaretto (or extracts) or omit. Be sure to also use almonds rather than the cracker or cookie crumbs, or be sure to use gluten-free versions. As always, just double check your ingredients as brands can vary.
Can I use frozen fruit?
I do not recommend using frozen fruit for this recipe.
What can I use instead of almonds?
You can use cookie crumbs (shortbread or Oreos would be great), graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips or baking chips, other chopped nuts, etc. I like the crunch that it gives the strawberries, but you can omit altogether.
Other 4th of July Dessert Ideas:
- Summer Berry Vodka Granita – Perfect treat for adults with red, white, and blue granita.
- Red, White, & Blue Berry Yogurt Pops – Fun idea for a hot summer day!
- Red, White, & Blue Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches – Fun ice cream sandwiches to cool off a hot day!
- 4th of July Fruit Skewers – Fresh fruit on a skewer that is great by itself or add to a drink for a fun twist.
- Red, White, & Blue Popcorn – Great snack or dessert idea that the kids will love!
- Red, White, & Blue Rice Krispie Treats – Kids and adults alike are always a big fan of Rice Krispie treats.
Have a great holiday!
Shop the Post:
Red, White, & Blue Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (or 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract)
- 12 large strawberries cut in half
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds (or graham cracker or cookie crumbs)
- 72 small blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, and Amaretto (or vanilla or almond extract) until well combined.
- Spoon filling into a small ziploc bag, seal bag, and cut off one corner of bag. Pipe filling on top of each strawberry half.
- Sprinkle almonds (or graham cracker/cookie crumbs) on top of filling. Top each strawberry half with 3 small blueberries. Store in refrigerator.
This post was originally published in June 2013, but updated in June 2019 with additional information.