Simple Peach Cobbler, learn how to make an easy homemade peach cobbler with fresh peaches. A quick and easy from scratch peach cobbler recipe that makes the best late summer dessert!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
OH I love fresh peach season, don’t you? This Simple Peach Cobbler with fresh peaches is quick and easy to make. You won’t miss the canned peaches loaded with sugar.
If peach isn’t quite your thing, check out my Apple Mug Cobblers, Individual Strawberry Cobblers, and One Minute Blueberry Cobbler. All quick and easy cobbler recipes that can easily be adapted to your personal preferences.
How to Make Peach Cobbler
First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, you’ll need a 13×9-inch baking dish. Or you can use a large casserole dish or another large baking dish.
Add a stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter (or you could use salted butter if you’d like) to the bottom of the baking dish. Place it in the oven while it’s preheating for a few minutes until the butter has completely melted.
While the butter is melting in the oven, get the rest of your ingredients together.
So for this peach cobbler, I used FRESH ripe peaches. Make sure your peaches are ripe. They should be a little soft but NOT mushy.
I peeled the peaches, but you can leave the peel on, your choice. Remove the pits from the center of the peaches, and slice the peaches.
Mix the peach slices in a mixing bowl with a little sugar and fresh orange juice. Depending on how sweet your peaches are, you may want to add more or less sugar.
A lot of peach cobbler recipes use A LOT of sugar with their peaches, but I personally don’t think it needs it if your peaches are sweet. You could even use brown sugar, instead of granulated sugar if you’d like.
Set your peaches aside, and whisk together the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in another bowl. Whisk in the milk and vanilla until just combined.
When your butter has melted in the oven, remove the pan and pour the batter over the bottom of the hot pan. Spread with a spoon or offset spatula if needed. Spoon the peaches on top.
Bake the peach cobbler, for about 35 to 45 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when it’s golden brown around the edges.
I like to eat this Simple Peach Cobbler warm out of the oven with a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. You can also serve it at room temperature.
I know you’re probably wondering about the orange juice. A little fresh citrus juice really adds to fruit desserts in my opinion. You don’t HAVE to add it to the peaches, but I love the little extra flavor it gives.
Feel free to add your own favorite citrus juice and even your favorite spices to the batter.
Hope you enjoy this Simple Peach Cobbler recipe!
Simple Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in a 13x9-inch baking dish (or large casserole or baking dish). Put the pan with butter in the oven for about 4-6 minutes or until butter has melted.
- Meanwhile, mix together sliced peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, and orange juice in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well combined. Whisk in milk and vanilla until just combined.
- Remove pan with melted butter from oven. Pour batter into the bottom of hot pan and spread to form even layer. Top evenly with peaches.
- Bake cobbler at 350 degrees F for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Serve warm or at room temperature.