Caramel Apple Dump Cake, an easy dessert recipe perfect for fall or anytime of the year.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Ohh, I’m so excited about this Caramel Apple Dump Cake! It’s the BEST dump cake I’ve ever had and super easy to make. If you like caramel apples, you’ll love this. Best part is that this Caramel Apple Dump Cake recipe uses FRESH apples. Only a few other ingredients so prep time is minimal.
Ok, let’s talk about this super-duper-yummy Caramel Apple Dump Cake.
Yes, there are recipes out there for caramel apple dump cakes but most (if not all…) use canned apple pie filling AND caramel. Whoah, talk about sugar overload. There’s plenty of sugar in this recipe as it is, so no need to double-up. Since fall is quickly approaching (I’m still holding onto summer though…) fresh apples are plentiful.
If you’ve never made a dump cake before (although I’m hoping you all made my Pina Colada Dump Cake), they’re easy to make and typically you just “dump” everything in the pan. You can use your favorite flavor cake mix (I used a Pillsbury yellow cake mix) and nuts (I used Diamond shelled whole walnuts) I personally loved the nuts in this Caramel Apple Dump Cake because it added a nice crunch.
My best tip though is to make sure you chop the apples into small cubes so they can bake through in the oven. If you put huge slices or chunks of fresh apple they may not cook through. My cubes were probably about 1/2-inch in diameter.
You can eat the dump cake warm or cold. I like it warm with some ice cream and a little more caramel and nuts are nice additions. Whip cream or whipped topping would also be great. Hope you enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- 6 cups finely chopped peeled, and cored apple (about 3 large apples)
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour apples into a single layer into prepared pan. Drizzle caramel on top of apples. Sprinkle cinnamon on top then spoon walnuts on top in even layer.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top so that apple mixture is completely covered. Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Bake dump cake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.
SNAPPY TIPS: I didn't chop my walnuts, but you could use chopped nuts. You can use more melted butter on top if the cake mix still appears dry.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of caramel topping you could use butterscotch. Instead of walnuts you could use pecans or your favorite nut, or omit entirely. Instead of cinnamon you could substitute apple pie spice.
More caramel apple recipes you might enjoy:
- Caramel Apple Cheesecaketini – Snappy Gourmet
- Caramel Apple Butter Cupcakes – Snappy Gourmet
- Amaretto Caramel Apple Mug Cobblers – Snappy Gourmet
- Caramel Apple Bars – Snappy Gourmet
- Snickers Caramel Apple Salad – Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars – Jo Cooks
- Caramel Apple Float – Lovely Little Kitchen