Peach Crumb Bars, the perfect end of summer dessert that is easy and full of peach flavor and a crumb topping! The best summer BBQ make ahead dessert!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Peach Crumb Bars, an easy dessert recipe full of peaches and a great crumb topping! I know everyone is ready for fall including, pumpkins, apples, and pears, but I’m holding out for just one more day. We still have lots of fresh juicy peaches around. These Peach Crumb Bars would be great for Labor Day weekend. Or if you really MUST move ahead to fall, you could substitute thinly sliced apples or pears.
My kids just went back to school yesterday. Now, cooking and baking are back in full swing! Woo hoo! It was a long but fun summer. Happy to be back in the kitchen more now. Lots of fun fall recipes coming up but I’m holding onto summer for just a little while longer and these Peach Crumb Bars did the trick.
These Peach Crumb Bars are easy to make with a bottom crust, peach layer, and an easy crumb topping. I would say these are a cross between a peach pie and a cookie. Doesn’t get any better than that does it?
As I mentioned above, if you MUST move ahead to fall, you could substitute thinly sliced apples or pears. Just be sure they are thinly sliced or cook the fruit in the microwave or pan first so they get cooked through in the oven. I hope you enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
Peach Crumb Bars Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in egg until combined, followed by 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and zest from half of lemon. Press into thin layer into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, and juice from one lemon. Pour over crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and zest from 1/2 lemon. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knifes until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake bars for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
SNAPPY TIPS: If you have a hard time cutting in the butter for the crumb topping, just use your fingers.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitute your favorite fruit instead of peaches. If you are using fruit such as apples or pears, thinly slice so they can bake through or precook for a few minutes in a pan or in the microwave.
Other peach recipes you may enjoy: