Oatmeal Smoothie, quick recipe for a homemade drink full of toasted oatmeal, banana, and peanut butter (powder). Easy breakfast or snack!
Lots of fun flavors all in this Oatmeal Smoothie including oats, peanut butter, and banana! So easy even the kids can make it by themselves. A great breakfast, drink, or snack all day long! If oatmeal isn’t quiet your thing, you might like this Coffee Smoothie. Another great way to start your day.
I’m not much of an oatmeal breakfast person, BUT put it in a smoothie and I’m sold! If you’re a little unsure about whether or not to TOAST the oats, give it a try! It gives the oats a nice nutty flavor.
Oatmeal Smoothie Ingredients
- Old fashion oats (toasted if desired)
- Peanut butter powder (or peanut butter)
- Frozen banana slices
- Almond milk (or milk or your favorite milk substitute)
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
How to Toast Oats
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the oats in a thin layer on a large ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the oats for about 8-10 minutes, stirring them every few minutes so that they evenly brown. You’ll know they’re done when they are golden brown and start to smell almost nutty.
- Cool completely before adding to smoothie. You can make them ahead and store in resealable bag or air tight container.
How to Make an Oatmeal Smoothie
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add a little sweetener (such as sugar or honey) if you’d like.
- Add more liquid as needed to get the blender to process or scrape down the sides inside of the blender (turn off blender before doing this…) if needed.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and serve immediately!
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Taking the few extra minutes to toast your oats can make a big difference. You can make them ahead and store for future smoothies or recipes.
- Use a good quality blender that can cut through the ingredients and make a nice creamy smooth smoothie.
- Depending on how sweet you like your smoothies you can add a little sweetener such as sugar, honey, sugar substitutes, or even maple syrup.
- Although I like to use peanut butter powders, you can use regular creamy peanut butter if you prefer. Or almond butter would also be great.
Oatmeal Smoothie FAQ
How should I store this Oatmeal Smoothie?
I always recommend drinking smoothies right away for best results, however, if you want to make ahead or store the leftovers I’d suggest pouring the smoothie in an ice cube tray, freeze, then pop out the cubes and defrost in a cup in the fridge.
Can I substitute something for the banana?
I personally think frozen banana slices give the best results, but you could try yogurt instead.
What kind of milk should I use?
I suggest unsweetened almond milk for that slight nutty flavor, but you could use regular milk, coconut milk, or your favorite milk substitute.
What else can I add to this smoothie?
You could add almond butter or your favorite nut butter instead of or in addition to the peanut butter. Fruit like strawberries, blueberries, or apple would also be delicious. Of course chocolate is always a great add such as unsweetened cocoa powder or melted chocolate. For a green smoothie option, add some kale and/or spinach. Your favorite smoothie adds like chia seeds, protein powder, etc. would also work.
Can I make this into a smoothie bowl?
Yes! Pour the smoothie into a bowl and add your favorite toppings like more toasted oats, chopped nuts, granola, fruit, or even mini chocolate chips.
Other Smoothie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Tropical Smoothie – If you’re looking for a fun fruit smoothie!
- Kale Apple Smoothie – a healthy option for any time of day.
- Pineapple Immune Boosting Smoothie – packed with pineapple and fresh flavors.
And check out this long list of other delicious smoothie recipes.
Hope you enjoy this easy Oatmeal Smoothie. Tell me in the comments about how you liked the toasted oats! This smoothie can be made gluten-free and dairy-free just be sure to check specific brands and ingredients (some oats may have gluten…).
Shop the Post:
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth, pour into a glass, and serve immediately.
(Nutrition data is provided when available for informational purposes only and calculated using an online nutritional calculator. For the most accurate information please calculate based on specific ingredients and brands you use as well as any changes you made to the recipe. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietician and any nutritional information provided should only be used as a general guideline and estimate.)