Coffee Smoothie, get your coffee and fruit all in one drink for an easy breakfast or snack. Add your favorite flavoring for a tasty new drink.
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Can’t decide between a coffee or a smoothie? How about combining them for this easy homemade Coffee Smoothie?! A simple and quick snack, drink, or breakfast, this smoothie recipe even has some fruit and cinnamon in it for a nice treat.
The great thing about this smoothie is you can easily change up the ingredients with your favorite coffee, milk, spices, etc.! Use the recipe and ingredients as a guide then change it up with your favorite coffee flavors. Kind of like an Iced Coffee, but a creamy smoothie.
Coffee Smoothie Ingredients
- Instant coffee
- Almond milk (milk or milk substitute)
- Frozen banana slices
- Ice cubes
How to Make a Coffee Smoothie
- Mix together the instant coffee and hot milk until the coffee has dissolved, then set aside to cool completely.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender then process until smooth.
- Add a little sweetener (sugar or sugar substitute) if you’d like depending on personal taste.
- Add more liquid as needed to the smoothie to get the blender to process or scrape down sides inside of blender (turn off blender before doing this…) if needed.
- Pour smoothie into glass and serve immediately!
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Make sure you use a coffee, or flavored coffee, that you like.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in hot milk (almond, regular milk, or whatever you’d like…) and cool completely before adding to the smoothie in the blender. If you don’t dissolve the coffee first, you may get some granules in your smoothie which is ok if you don’t mind. You could also use brewed coffee rather than instant if you prefer although I’d suggest using a coffee made in milk rather than water, but personal preference.
- Use a strong blender that can cut through all the ingredients and make a smooth smoothie.
- You may want to add a little sweetener depending on how sweet you like your drinks. Sugar, honey, or sugar substitutes would work well.
- If the smoothie is too thick and your blender won’t go, add a little more liquid or scrape down the sides.
Coffee Smoothie FAQ
How should I store this coffee smoothie?
Best to drink smoothies right away BUT if you really want to make it ahead, I’d suggest pouring the finished smoothie into an ice cube tray, freeze, then pop out the cubes when needed and defrost in a glass in the fridge.
Substitutions for the banana?
Well, if you have to, you could try using yogurt such as a flavor that would go well with coffee or a plain unsweetened Greek yogurt then add your favorite sweetener. You may want to add a few more ice cubes to help thicken the smoothie as needed.
What else can I add to this smoothie recipe?
You could add your favorite coffee flavorings or syrups. Peanut butter, strawberries, or even chocolate would be good too. You can also add your favorite smoothie additions like chia seeds, protein powder, etc.
Other Smoothie Recipes You May Enjoy
- Tropical Smoothie – easy homemade smoothie with mango, pineapple, and banana.
- Chocolate Smoothie – This chocolate “mock shake” is a healthier milkshake alternative. Great after school snack!
- Almond Pulp Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie – lots of great flavors going on in this smoothie!
Hope you enjoy this Coffee Smoothie. Tell me in the comments about the flavors you added! This smoothie is naturally gluten-free and can be made dairy-free but be sure to check specific ingredients and brands if concerned.
Shop the Post:
- Stir instant coffee into hot milk until dissolved. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth, pour into a glass, and serve immediately.