21+ easy creative homemade cinnamon roll recipes that are perfect for Christmas morning or Sunday brunch! From special diets, to unique flavor combos and different cooking methods, there’s a little bit for everyone.
21+ easy creative homemade cinnamon roll recipes for you! There’s a little bit for everyone on this list including delicious and unique flavor combos, different cooking methods, and also some special diet rolls.
Cinnamon rolls are quite the popular Christmas morning breakfast or brunch idea that I thought I’d ask my food blogging friends for their favorites. Boy, did they deliver! I had to cut off the list just to make it manageable.
Even if you’re not planning on making any Christmas cinnamon rolls, these recipes are really great year-round for any special occasion, Sunday brunch, or just because you feel like baking.
Which one will you start with first?
Cinnamon Roll Recipes
1. Cannoli Cinnamon Rolls (Snappy Gourmet) – Cinnamon rolls, but with an Italian twist. These delicious homemade cinnamon rolls have a cannoli inspired frosting with ricotta cheese, cinnamon, orange, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
2. Maple Bacon Overnight Cinnamon Rolls (Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt) – Sweet and salty, these rolls are topped with bacon crumbles. Yum! The best part is you do most of the work the night before and just pop them in the oven in the morning.
3. Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls (Corrie Cooks) – No need to turn on the oven. Get out your Instant Pot and bake these rolls in there for 25 minutes.
4. Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls with Jam (Straight to the Hips, Baby) – A delicious combo of sourdough and berry jam. A simple twist to cinnamon rolls. Use your favorite homemade or store-bought jam.
5. Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls (Swirls of Flavor) – An easy cinnamon roll recipe filled with gingerbread spices and brown sugar and topped with a simple cream cheese glaze. Perfect for Christmas!
6. Healthy Cinnamon Sweet Potato Rolls (Happy Kitchen) – Sweet potato, Greek yogurt, and whole wheat flour are a nice healthy twist to these from scratch rolls.
7. Orange Cinnamon Rolls with Cardamom (Urban Bliss Life) – A fabulous combination of fresh sweet orange zest and juice with ground cardamom.
8. Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze (Burrata and Bubbles) – These sweet rolls have a homemade caramelized apple filling and maple cream cheese glaze. Perfect!
9. Peppermint White Chocolate Sweet Rolls (Three Olives Branch) – Peppermint and white chocolate, the perfect flavor combo for the holidays and Christmas morning.
10. Mini Cinnamon Rolls (Belly Full) – Thanks to refrigerated crescent dough, these little rolls are ready from start to finish in just 25 minutes. Quick and easy!
11. Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls (Thriving Home) – Let your bread machine do most of the work for you before you assemble the rolls.
12. Coconut Ube Rolls (Kitchen Confidante) – A delicious sweet Filipino twist combining breakfast buns and ube bread collide and filled with ube jam (purple yam jam)!
13. Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls (Gluten-Free Palate) – The perfect gluten-free cinnamon rolls thanks to a combo of gluten-free flours including rice flour and millet flour.
14. Black Sesame Cinnamon Rolls with Matcha Glaze (Love and Olive Oil) – An Asian twist on the popular cinnamon roll. These soft rolls have quite a surprising flavor twist including a toasted black sesame filling and a sweet matcha glaze.
15. Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake (Barbara Bakes) – This rose-shaped Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake is not only beautiful but also tasty! No individual rolls, but rather slices of cake with all the same flavors.
16. Cast Iron Cinnamon Rolls (A Farm Girl’s Kitchen) – Get out your cast iron pan! These classic, homestyle cinnamon rolls are soft and fluffy with a simple glaze drizzled on top.
17. Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls with Chocolate Glaze (The Spiffy Cookie) – Chocolate and peanut butter, my favorite flavor combo! These rolls have peanut butter in the filling and an easy chocolate and peanut butter glaze.
18. Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls (Tastes of Lizzy T) – Eggnog is of course the perfect holiday drink so why not add it to cinnamon rolls?!
19. Shortcut Homemade Cinnamon Sticks (Add Salt and Serve) – If rolls are too much work how about these sticks with all the usual cinnamon roll flavors?!
20. Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls (Happy Foods Tube) – These rolls are made in an air fryer and only take 7 minutes to bake!
21. Keto Cinnamon Rolls with Cranberries and Nuts (All Day I Dream About Food) – Looking for a keto or low carb option? Check out these Keto Cinnamon Rolls that also have cranberries and nuts.
Looking for more? You might also like these Coffee Caramel Pecan Rolls. Not exactly cinnamon rolls, but delicious rolls infused with coffee and great for the holidays. These Cinnamon Breadstick Bites are also the perfect little morsels for dipping in the homemade cream cheese frosting “dip”. Delicious!
Would love to hear about your favorite cinnamon rolls in the comment section!
Leave a Reply