(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Buffalo Pretzels recipe just in time for the Super Bowl! It’s an easy snack or appetizer recipe and also great for parties and tailgating. You can even make it in big batches and freeze it ahead of time. In fact, I have a big bag of these Buffalo Pretzels in my freezer right now! :)
This Buffalo Pretzels recipe kind of reminds me of homemade Chex Mix if you’ve ever made that but this has just pretzels and Buffalo style. This recipe is super easy! To start, lightly tap your pretzels with a meat mallet so that they break into pieces.
Once you have your pretzel pieces and bits, mix the pretzels and the rest of the ingredients in a large baking dish and bake for about 90 minutes. Be sure to mix the pretzels every 15 minutes or so. Very important!!!
Let the pretzels sit for awhile after you take them out of the oven so they can dry. Once cool, you can eat them right away (if you haven’t eaten them already that is…) or you can even store in the freezer!
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (12 oz.) bag long pretzel rods
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch seasoning mix or about 3 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place pretzel rods in resealable bag, and lightly tap with meat mallet to break into large pieces. Do in batches if necessary. Pour pretzels in large baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together hot sauce, butter, oil, Worcestershire sauce, Ranch, garlic, and onion until well combined. Drizzle over pretzels and gently toss pretzels to combine.
- Bake pretzels at 250 degrees F for 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.
SNAPPY TIPS: Be sure to cool pretzels completely so that they crisp up again. Pretzels can also be made ahead of time and frozen in resealable bags.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: I like Frank's hot sauce for this recipe but you could substitute a similar other hot sauce. You may need to adjust the amount of hot sauce to your personal preference.
More buffalo recipes I thought you’d enjoy…
- Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Poppers – Snappy Gourmet
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad – Snappy Gourmet
- Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries – Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza – Julie’s Eats and Treats