Korean BBQ Beef, delicious Korean style beef recipe with a sweet and spicy sauce and ground beef. Use for lettuce wraps, tacos, fried rice, with noodles, and more!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
This Korean BBQ Beef is great to have on hand for a wide variety of quick and easy meals! Make yourself a big batch of Korean BBQ sauce to keep in the fridge and you’ll have all sorts of meals half made already including this easy ground beef.
This easy Korean BBQ Beef is a bit sweet and spicy all in one. So simple, and quite delicious!
If pork is more your thing, check out my Korean BBQ Pulled Pork recipe.
Although I used beef this time, you really can substitute any type of ground meat or vegetarian ground meat substitute. Don’t have time to make the homemade Korean BBQ sauce? Feel free to use a store-bought one.
Korean BBQ Beef Ingredients
- Ground Beef (or any ground meat or meat substitute)
- Korean BBQ sauce (homemade or store-bought)
That’s it just 2 ingredients, but some ideas below of what you can add to it if you’re looking for some ideas.
This beef comes together in no time! Quick and simple to make.
How to Make Korean Beef
Place ground meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Break up the meat and stir for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain off excess fat.
Place pan over medium-high heat again. Stir in Korean BBQ sauce and cook 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Use meat as desired. (Ideas below.)
(Full printable recipe card is at bottom of post.)
Uses for Korean BBQ Beef
- Add to homemade lettuce wraps
- Mix into fried rice
- Make sandwiches (like an Asian sloppy joe)
- Use in Asian inspired tacos
- Top a pizza for a fun Asian theme
- Serve over rice with some vegetables for an easy rice bowl
- Use as a unique Asian salad topping
- Mix with noodles and vegetables
- Serve over a coleslaw mix for an easy Korean beef bowl
- Use as a base for soups, stews, or chilis
Quick Tips for Best Results
- Make the Korean BBQ sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge. It comes in handy!
- If you’re using a store-bought sauce, be sure to try it first and make sure you like it before mixing with the meat.
- Add more/less BBQ sauce to your personal taste. The sauces can be fairly salty so I personally didn’t think it was necessary to salt the meat while cooking. Add salt and/or pepper as you’d like.
- Make sure the ground beef is completely cooked through before serving.
Korean BBQ Beef FAQ
How should I store the Korean BBQ Beef?
Whether you need to make ahead of time or store leftovers, store the cooked beef in an airtight container in the fridge and heat as needed. It should be ok for a few days.
Can I freeze the BBQ Beef?
I haven’t, but I don’t see why not. I would put the cooled prepared beef in an airtight container or resealable bag getting out as much air as possible, then defrost and heat as needed.
Can I add something else to the BBQ beef?
You can add your favorite fruits or vegetables to the beef before or after cooking. Chopped onions, peppers, or mushrooms would be great. Shredded carrots or cabbage or a cole-slaw mix would be great to add. Chopped fruit like apple, pear, or even an Asian pear would also be great.
Can I substitute something for the ground beef?
Yes! You can use any ground meat such as chicken or pork, or even your favorite vegetarian ground meat alternative.
Can I use low-fat meat?
Yes! Any ground meat (or vegetarian alternative) will do. Just be sure to drain off any excess fat regardless of what you use. If your meat is very lean you may need to use a little oil to your pan to prevent sticking or use a nonstick pan.
Can I make this more spicy?
Yes! For a spicier version add your favorite Asian hot sauce, chopped peppers, ground peppers, or even red pepper flakes.
Can I make this in a slow cooker or Instant Pot?
I haven’t tried it, but you probably could. For the Instant Pot I would cook the beef in the pot, drain the fat, then combine with sauce. It could probably slow cook for a while. For the slow cooker, I’d precook the beef, mix with the sauce, and slow cook for a while as well. You may need to add a little beef broth for either option if you need more liquid.
Other Asian Inspired Recipes You May Enjoy
- Asian Slaw – I’ve actually eaten this Korean BBQ Beef right over this Asian Slaw, yum!
- Asian Peanut Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry – simple healthy dinner idea that uses spaghetti squash instead of traditional pasta. Plus it’s full of veggies!
- Crab Rangoon Crostini – a fun twist on crab rangoon that makes a great appetizer or snack.
- Asian Pork Riblets – I could use a big plate of these. Looks delicious!
- Thai Beef Salad – lots of great Thai flavors in this great looking salad.
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy Korean BBQ Beef recipe. Tell me in the comments what you used it for!
Shop the Post:
Korean BBQ Beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup Korean BBQ sauce
- Place ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Break up ground beef and stir for about 8-10 minutes or until ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain off excess fat.
- Place pan with meat over medium-high heat again. Stir in Korean BBQ sauce and cook 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Use as desired.