Homemade Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits recipe, an easy copycat Red Lobster biscuit from scratch. A friend recently asked me if I had a recipe for a biscuit recipe similar to the biscuits served at Red Lobster. There are all sorts of copycat Red Lobster biscuits on the internet. I’ve used some of the standard copycat recipes for years but thought I’d try something a little different this time. Most of the copycat recipes use baking mixes which work just fine but I thought I’d try something a little more from scratch. Even those these biscuits are from “scratch” they are just as easy as many of the other copycat recipes and come together fast! The best thing is that they are “drop” biscuits so you don’t need to roll out the dough and cut out the biscuits. You just spoon the dough right onto your baking sheet.
Make sure you mix all the dry ingredients together well before adding the other ingredients. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it gets crumbly. You can use shortening instead of butter or half butter/half shortening. I think next time I may try half/half.
When you add the milk, mix the dough JUST until it’s combined. Do not overmix or you’ll get tough biscuits. I like to lightly brush the tops of the biscuits before they go into the oven, then again when they’re done baking and still warm.
These Garlic-Cheddar Drop Biscuits are light and fluffy and a great buttery taste! Are they exactly like Red Lobster’s biscuits? Hard to say, but they are definitely good!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Garlic-Cheddar Drop Biscuits|| || |
- 8.5 oz (about 2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup cold milk
- Butter topping:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together flour, baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder until well combined.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture is crumbly. Mix in cheese. Mix in cold milk just until combined (do not overmix).
- Drop biscuits (about 3 tablespoons of dough per biscuit) onto a nonstick baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with silpats or parchment paper.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons melted butter, ½ teaspoon garlic, and ⅛ teaspoon salt in small bowl then brush lightly on top of each roll reserving rest of butter mixture for later.
- Bake biscuits at 425 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes or until browned on bottom. Remove from oven and while still hot, brush more melted butter mixture on top.
- Makes 12 biscuits
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute any kind of shredded cheese for the cheddar cheese, although a sharp tasting cheese is best. You can also substitute some or all shortening in the biscuits for the butter.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]