I came up with these “His & Hers” Valentine’s Day Chocolate Stout Cupcakes as I was thinking about Valentine’s Day. I’m not a huge Valentine’s Day fan, but I’m all for an excuse to make something with chocolate! Since my husband would much rather a beer, I thought I’d combine the two! If you liked my Pumpkin Ale Cupcakes with Streusel Cream Cheese Frosting from this fall, I’m sure you’ll love these Chocolate Stout Cupcakes. A cake mix, a chocolate stout or your favorite chocolate beer, and a few other simple ingredients, and you’ll have some decadent Chocolate Stout Cupcakes in no time! A perfect His & Hers treat for Valentine’s Day!
First thing I did was melt the butter with instant coffee in the microwave until the coffee dissolved.
Then I added the butter and coffee to the cake mix, beer, and eggs. As you can see I used a Pillsbury cake mix and Harpoon Chocolate Stout. If you use a different cake mix you may have to alter the liquids/ingredients a little based on the recipe on the box.
Stir until just combined. So rich and chocolatey! The beer gives the batter a nice flavor without overpowering it.
I used my ice cream scoop to divide the cake batter among the paper liners. Quick and easy!
Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
While the cupcakes are baking, beat together the frosting ingredients and pipe/frost as desired.
You may need a big glass of milk with these cupcakes or another beer! Enjoy!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Chocolate Stout Cupcakes||
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 (18.25oz) chocolate cake mix
- 1¼ cup chocolate stout/beer
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons chocolate stout/beer
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter and coffee granules together in microwave.
- Place cake mix, 1¼ cups stout, and eggs in large mixing bowl. Add butter and coffee and mix until just combined.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For frosting, mix together cream cheese, butter, cocoa powder, stout, and unsweetened chocolate with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Mix in powdered sugar until desired consistency. Frost cupcakes as desired.
Other cupcake recipes from around the internet that I thought you may enjoy:
- Butter Beer Cupcakes – Amy Bites
- Ginger Beer Cupcakes – Raspberri Cupcakes
- Root Beer Cupcakes – Cupcake Project