27+ easy recipe ideas and uses for Alfredo Sauce! Whether you make homemade Alfredo Sauce or have store-bought, I have a great list of ideas for you of what you can make with it!
I may have a bit of a thing for Alfredo Sauce which is why I thought I’d put together a list of 27+ Uses for Alfredo Sauce! I would love to hear about some of your ideas or recipes too. Be sure to leave a comment if you have any.
I’m sure many of you have had it at an Italian restaurant like Olive Garden, but have you ever made it at home? So easy and so much better than anything you will get at the grocery store. Give my Homemade Alfredo Sauce or Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese a try.
Whether you have storebought Alfredo sauce, make it from scratch, or just wondering what do with leftover Alfredo, I think you’ll want to give some of these a try. Be sure to also check out this How to Thicken Alfredo Sauce if you’re having some trouble before you start on any of these ideas.
Uses for Alfredo Sauce
- PASTA – Of course Fettuccine Alfredo is probably the first thing that comes to mind but you could mix Alfredo sauce with any kind of pasta or even lower carb options like zoodles (zucchini noodles). If pasta is your thing, check out my post on How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo with an easy recipe and tips.
- PIZZA – Skip the tomato sauce, and use Alfredo instead for your pizza sauce. It pairs well with toppings like chicken, ham, broccoli, shrimp, and more.
- SANDWICHES – Forget mayo or mustard, how about using Alfredo sauce? Great for a panini or grilled sandwich too.
- CASSEROLES – Alfredo sauce is the perfect sauce to mix into baked casseroles like pasta, vegetable, and others like this Pesto Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Casserole.
- RICE – Great sauce to drizzle over rice or a lower carb option like cooked cauliflower rice.
- VEGETABLES – Drizzle a little Alfredo over vegetables like cooked broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, squash, or even zucchini. Maybe even over some Italian Green Beans.
- CHICKEN – Mmmm it goes so well over chicken! Whether you have baked chicken, grilled chicken, or even chicken fingers, a little sauce on top would be delicious.
- FISH – Pairs really well with all sorts of fish and seafood like salmon, shrimp, lobster, crab, etc. Try this Cajun Shrimp Alfredo!
- BAKED POTATO – Forget butter and sour cream, try a little Alfredo sauce on top.
- SOUP, STEWS, CHILI – Can make a great base for homemade soup, stew, or even chili. Thin it out with some broth and add some of your favorite proteins and veggies.
- POT PIE – An easy filling for chicken or seafood pot pies along with some vegetables.
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS – mix a little sauce in with some breadcrumbs and a protein like shrimp and use as a stuffing for baked stuffed mushrooms.
- BAKED PASTA – Again, skip the tomato sauce for Alfredo in baked pasta like lasagna or baked ziti.
- LETTUCE WRAPS – Fun alternative to Asian type sauces. Try an Italian version!
- MEXICAN – Try some Mexican and Italian fusion using Alfredo sauce in enchiladas, tacos, burritos, and quesadillas.
- DIPS & SPREADS – Mix with some cream cheese, sour cream, and/or mayonnaise for a fun cheesy dip or spread that would be great with veggies, crackers, or crostini. Check out this delish Chicken Alfredo Dip!
- MEATBALLS – Great sauce for chicken or turkey meatballs!
- FRENCH TOAST – Ok stick with me here. I know this sounds crazy, but give savory French Toast a try instead of the typical version with maple syrup. A great option for a hearty breakfast. This Savory French Toast with mushrooms would be delicious with a little alfredo in the filling.
- STEAKS – Top your favorite steaks with a little drizzle of Alfredo.
- SAUCES – Create a whole new sauce adding a little Alfredo to your favorite sauces such as pesto (like this Pesto Alfredo) or tomato sauces. Or add some veggies, shrimp, and Cajun seasoning for this easy Cajun Alfredo Sauce.
- GARLIC BREAD – Spread a little over bread and broil or bake for a delicious garlic bread option.
- MASHED POTATOES – No need for butter or cream in your mashed potatoes when you can substitute a little Alfredo like in these Ricotta Mashed Potatoes.
- SAVORY PIES & TARTS – Great addition to savory pies and tarts like a fresh tomato tart or pie. Yum!
- MEATLOAF – Mix a little in or over a homemade turkey or chicken meatloaf.
- PASTA SALAD – Add a little cheesy Alfredo sauce into your favorite pasta salads.
- BURGERS & HOT DOGS – Forget the ketchup and mustard, and try a little Alfredo sauce as a unique condiment addition to your hot dogs and hamburgers.
- EGGS – Mix a little into your scrambled eggs!
Any other ideas for how to use Alfredo Sauce? Would love to hear in the comments below!
Myra Germolus says
I served this cream cheese Alfredo sauce with 3 cheese tortellini and broccoli delight a great vegetarian dish
Lisa Huff says
Roberta brown says
I like to add it to Fordhook Lima beans!
Lisa Huff says