Cajun Alfredo Sauce, a great homemade alfredo sauce for the best dinner such as Cajun Chicken Alfredo or Cajun Shrimp Alfredo! This simple easy creamy sauce is full of cheese, Cajun seasoning, peppers, and onions. Add some pasta and chicken or shrimp, for a full meal!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
People seem to be loving my Homemade Alfredo Sauce and Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese so thought I’d add this Cajun Alfredo Sauce! You can add your favorite pasta (or low carb option like zucchini noodles), a protein (chicken, shrimp or even sausage would be great), and your favorite other vegetables for an easy and delicious meal.
Tips for Making the Best Alfredo Sauce
- Use the best quality Parmesan cheese you can find and grate it yourself. It will melt better and you will be much happier with the results
- Use heavy cream. It will result in a much creamier and thicker sauce than a lower fat alternative
- Slowly add the cream and be sure it is hot before stirring in the Parmesan cheese
- Add your other ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, and proteins at the very end
- Cajun seasoning can vary a lot between brands, so add a little at a time
How to Make Cajun Alfredo Sauce
- Cook the onions and peppers, set aside.
- Melt butter, then add garlic.
- Slowly add cream until boiling. Simmer until thickens
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, Cajun seasoning, and onions and peppers.
I have a great list of 27+ uses for Alfredo sauce you might want to check out, but here are some quick ideas…
How to Use Cajun Alfredo Sauce
- This homemade Alfredo sauce comes together so quick and lots of ways to use it!
- Spoon over baked or grilled chicken or fish
- Mix with pasta, rice, or zucchini noodles
- Use as a sauce for sandwiches
- Mix with protein of choice such as chicken, crawfish, andouille sausage, or shrimp
- Spoon over veggies such as broccoli or zucchini
Hope you enjoy this easy Cajun Alfredo Sauce!
If a simple Fettuccine Alfredo is more your thing, see my How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo, for an easy Italian pasta dish.
Cajun Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Cook onion and pepper in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt butter, then stir in minced garlic cloves. Cook about 1 minute or until garlic is soft and fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the heavy cream to the saucepan, whisk until cream comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning until smooth and thick. Add more Cajun seasoning as desired. Then stir in cooked onions and peppers.