Strawberry Pie Dip with Pie Crust Dippers is an easy dessert recipe and perfect for spring or summer parties, potlucks, or dinners!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
I think I’m addicted to strawberries! This STRAWBERRY PIE DIP recipe definitely didn’t help my addiction this week! Only 7 ingredients in this Strawberry Pie Dip recipe and that even includes the cute little Pie Crust Dippers! It’s a fun and easy dessert recipe to make for potlucks, BBQs, or summer parties and can feed a crowd! It’s delicious and all the great flavor of strawberry pie without the soggy crust!
I had a lot of great pictures of all the steps and finished Strawberry Pie Dip. Really, I did. BUT then as I was downloading the pictures and *POOF* they were all gone! Ugh, so frustrating! Good news is that there was still a bit of Strawberry Pie Dip and Pie Crust Dippers left from the night before.
So what you see in the pictures is only about half of what the recipe makes. The recipe makes a lot, but you can cut it in half if you don’t need so much.
The dip is really easy to make but it does need to chill for at least 3-4 hours so just be sure you give yourself some time. Thanks to Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, the pie crust dippers are super easy to make!
My husband hates soggy strawberry pies so these dippers are a great way to get the taste of strawberry pie without all the sogginess! Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
Strawberry Pie Dip & Pie Crust Dippers
- 6 cups fresh strawberries finely chopped; divided
- 1 cup water divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts softened as directed on box (2 crusts)
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Place one cup of chopped strawberries and 3/4 cup of water into medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Mash strawberries with fork or potato masher until fully mashed. Stir in sugar.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water in small bowl until smooth. Slowly stir into saucepan and stir until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir remaining 5 cups of strawberries and vanilla into saucepan until well combined. Spoon into serving dish(es) such as a large pie plate or several small serving bowls. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled.
- While strawberry dip is cooling prepare pie crust dippers. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out one of the softened pie crusts and using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out rounds. Reroll scraps and keep cutting out rounds. You should have about 36 rounds when all done. Place rounds on baking sheets and prick each round several times with a fork to prevent puffing.
- Bake pie crust rounds at 450 degrees F for about 6-9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Place pie crust rounds on racks to cool, then repeat process with remaining pie crust. Cool crust dippers completely then store in covered container until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top strawberry pie dip with whipped cream or whipped topping and serve with pie crust dippers.
SNAPPY TIPS: This recipes makes a lot of dip. Cut recipe in half for a smaller amount.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of vanilla, you could use almond extract.
Other Strawberry recipes you may enjoy…
- Adult Strawberry Frozen Hot Chocolatetini – Snappy Gourmet
- Strawberry Pretzel Whiptini – Snappy Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes with Amarettto Cream – Snappy Gourmet
- Mini Strawberry Shortcake Poppers – Snappy Gourmet
- Individual Strawberry Cobblers – Snappy Gourmet
- Strawberry Daiquiri Pie Pops – Snappy Gourmet
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Pie Bars – Willow Bird Baking
- Fresh Strawberry Pie – Pillsbury
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pie – The Hungry Hedgehog